Update to GRE PSR-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Beginning June 1st Whistler will offer a feature upgrade program for the Pro-18, Pro-668 and PSR-800 scanners. For the cost of $59.99, customers will be able to send in their scanner to Whistler where the unit will be upgraded to receive DMR. You will cover the cost to ship the unit to use and we will cover the cost of shipping the unit back to you when the upgrade is complete. Upgrades are expected to take up to 2 weeks and all units must be in working condition with no visible damage to be eligible for this upgrade program.

By upgrading your scanner, you will now receive DMR making them capable of monitoring the following unencrypted channels/systems which were previously not available for legacy scanners:

Conventional DMR (Entered as a DMR trunked system)
Hytera XPT
MotoTRBO™ Capacity Plus
MotoTRBO™ Connect Plus
MotoTRBO™ Linked Cap Plus systems

The upgrade will be available for purchase on our website beginning June 1st.

rfking123

Premium Subscriber
WHISTLER WENDY

Beginning June 1st Whistler will offer a feature upgrade program for the Pro-18, Pro-668 and PSR-800 scanners. For the cost of $59.99, customers will be able to send in their scanner to Whistler where the unit will be upgraded to receive DMR. You will cover the cost to ship the unit to use and we will cover the cost of shipping the unit back to you when the upgrade is complete. Upgrades are expected to take up to 2 weeks and all units must be in working condition with no visible damage to be eligible for this upgrade program.

By upgrading your scanner, you will now receive DMR making them capable of monitoring the following unencrypted channels/systems which were previously not available for legacy scanners:

Hytera XPT
MotoTRBO™ Capacity Plus
MotoTRBO™ Connect Plus

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ecarvalho

my PSR800 is very beatup, old... and is already running DMR but if I wanted to send it in for a professional upgrade, would it be OK?

DJ11DLN

You may have done it for free, however I don't think you will ever get any updates if there are some in the future.
The author of the updates stated in another thread that not only will there be no more updates of that sort, he himself is going to take the Whistler update route. So yes he will be stuck at 4.6 or lower if he chooses to save the $60 + shipping.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, and will the legacy scanners after the factory upgrade, be eligible for future updates via EZ-Scan (i.e. 4.7)?

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, and will the legacy scanners after the factory upgrade, be eligible for future updates via EZ-Scan (i.e. 4.7)?

Yes, it has been established in the parallel thread in the RS section that the Pro-18, Pro-668 and PSR-800, once the upgrade is applied in the Whistler shop, will use EZ-Scan to receive future updates from Whistler as well as be eligible for regular factory service if required. Once the upgrade is done, it is my understanding that you will have a fully operational WS-1080 that is eligible for the normal support features as if you had purchased that model originally.

stetsonbob

Will I be able to use my micro SD cards with all my scan lists and sets if I update my prs 800? I take it we would have to whistles ez scan software after the update.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DJ11DLN

Will I be able to use my micro SD cards with all my scan lists and sets if I update my prs 800? I take it we would have to whistles ez scan software after the update.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
That should not be a problem. It has been done by several and other than a few settings possibly needing to be re-entered/tweaked, everything you had programmed from iScan works just fine under the Whistler firmware.

CanesFan95

Hytera XPT
MotoTRBO™ Capacity Plus
MotoTRBO™ Connect Plus

How does the upgrade do DMR trunktracking? Does it properly follow the control channel / rest channel the right way like a real Motorola radio? Or does it conventionally scan and search through all the frequencies to look for talk groups?

GRE-800 DMR trunktracking

i did my GRE-800 up grade few months ago to the 1080 i think is the NEW number and for Trunking DMR works GREAT.

CanesFan95

Curious how Whistler won't answer my question. Prolly cos it doesn't do proper trunk following.

Status
Not open for further replies.