PSR-800: Replacement faces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
Replacement faces or WD40/Charcoal Fluid to make it shiny???

Thought I would do a new thread since the last one posted was dated back from 2014.

Any chance in still getting a brand new face replacement for my PSR800 from any site or ?

Any info would be appreciated posted here or by PM or you can email me at
bcd396t@gmail.com

btw: I know some of you have done it using WD40 and or Charcoal fluid but alot of mixed reactions/answers in previous posts. What works 100% and did you remove the face to do this or pretty much did it straight without removing it?

Thanks!

Last edited:

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
If you really want to go the extra mile you can take the radio out of its case. I just used some extra strength rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth and gently wiped the face until silk screen was gone and it had a very shiny black finish. I have never had issues with the unit as I use it to this day. And I did not take the case off when I did it I just was very careful and gently. The finish should be completely removed after about 15 to 25 minutes of gentle rubbing. I stressed the word gentle because the case can Crack in between the keys if you use to much force on the face of the radio while wiping it down.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.