PSR-800: PSR-800 Never Stops On DMR Talk Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

This is on a PSR-800 that has been "Eric Cottrelled" into a SW-1080 for DMR. When scanning a Capacity Plus system, the scanner never stops on talk groups, even though the system is busy with activity. Maybe I have it programmed wrong? I have a Wildcard! TG and Wildcard! PV Radio ID programmed in the scan list. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks.

36686973251_1627e47764_o.png

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Does it stop for a second than scan again? I notice on the search it won't stop at all I had to do some settings on radio.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
Do you have CPU 3.1 and firmware 4.6 and is your date correct on the scanner?

CanesFan95

Do you have CPU 3.1 and firmware 4.6 and is your date correct on the scanner?

I believe I had the date correct, but went ahead and updated it to the computer's with the EZ Scan software just now. The CPU firmware is 3.8 and the DSP firmware is 3.0.

CanesFan95

Does it stop for a second than scan again? I notice on the search it won't stop at all I had to do some settings on radio.

What settings? No, it never stops at all. But if I manually browse and hold on a single talk group, you can hear the talk group just fine. But when I scan the system, it never stops.

CanesFan95

I haven't tried the color code. I just left the DMR CC setting set to "Any", thinking that the scanner would stop on anything.

CanesFan95

Am I right or wrong in saying that LCNs don't matter on GRE / Whistler scanners because of how their scanners don't properly follow the rest channel?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Am I right or wrong in saying that LCNs don't matter on GRE / Whistler scanners because of how their scanners don't properly follow the rest channel?

Monday I can do a test on my psr800 see if it follows the lcn out of order. If you dsdplus fastlane you can get lcns and try that.

CanesFan95

Oh yes, I use DSD+ Fast Lane all the time (great program!) and have the LCNs figured out.

DJ11DLN

I believe I had the date correct, but went ahead and updated it to the computer's with the EZ Scan software just now. The CPU firmware is 3.8 and the DSP firmware is 3.0.
Could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that you need FW 4.4 or 4.5 to make DMR work. DSP 3.0 is fine. Whatever you do, don't install 4.6 or DSP 3.1. If you do it will get locked and it will cost extra to get it opened up again.

Do yourself a favor, send it in to Whistler and have the updates done to make it a WS-1080.

Nasby

Good advice about biting the bullet and sending it to Whistler. You will be able to take advantage of all their future upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.