PSR-500 tsys frequency duplication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curfew

I will explain this the best i can, i dunno if i have a setting wrong or i am doing something wrong. Default scanlist is 1- so i program a trunked P-25 system there with the known control channels. I make sure that only scanlist 1 is selected and the others deselected. The system all eneters and works as advertised.

Then i deselect scanlist 1 and select scanlist 6 with default scanlist, and the area where you select/deselect the other scanlists at. Only 6 is selected- and i enter a new trunk system there which i know works also. But after i do this, the entered system trunk frequencies all of the sudden duplicate to the system i programmed in default scan list 1 ***. Now what i have is a previously programmed system with more or less the same freqs i just programmed into the system in scanlist or default 6.

I have never ran into this one before as i have owned this one since it came out. I did clean the slate with the thing to start all over because all the trunk ID's and systems have changed where i am. I am wondering if there is one setting which is causing this to be out of whack. Hopefully someone will know right off- or what i have is some sort of bug. I do not want to start off with a the bug thing and alarm anyone else who has this radio, when it may be i am the bug in something i may be doing wrong- or a setting is a bug. I have been looking all over the sometimes very vauge 100 page plus manual- and looking on the net to see if someone else has ran into this, but i have not seen a thing. Great radio, but difficult at times... I feels it is something out in left field not set right possibly but i do not know what... Thanks.

usswood

anytime you create a new object.. Scan list 1 is the default... you have to manually change this to a new scan list if you don't want it in scan list 1... be 1 is the default and I have never found a way to change that... I just change it when I enter a new object if it is not going to scan list 1... hope that helps

ScannerSK

I think if you look at the details for your 'duplicate' talk groups you will find one is for the first system and the second is for the second system. You can have the same talk group for multiple systems and it is not technically a duplicate as they are assigned to different systems. A duplicate would be when you have the same talk group assigned more than once to the same system.

Shawn

Curfew

usswood, thanks. I finally found some people who had similar problems with this and still never quite got the way out of it. I have been at this thing since i posted- adding and removing the asterisk as i am programming a CC in one list- default 1- and another CC in list 6 and when i am finished with both- with the asterisk placed correct as i am doing it all, on 6 as i enter that CC frequency- i go back to 1 and check, it's duplicating there and not what i had programmed. Really mystifies me because again- i never have had this problem ever with it. Made me wonder if the firmware upgrades i did way back when would affect this after i reset the radio but i do not think so. This again all came up last night and i have had the radio since 2008. I have never used it with a computer- only for the firmware updates- that is it. I am all old school with the keypad entry, and i like the concept of banks still to separate systems/geographical areas. I have done what has been suggested and all i have now is a one system at a time scanner with 20 scanlists....

lou9155

it will be easier if you use software to program . try arc500 . i tried to program it manually and my head wanted to explode

dorslv

PSR-500

I believe you need to select "new" TSYS, when you add new tsys. it's right under scan list when you deselect #1, then you can add new freqs, etc

dorslv

PSR-500

another option is the PSR edit program, that's the one I use for my much beloved GRE PSR-500, plus the man who developed it is here on the forums and is great with answering questions if you get stuck on something. it's pretty straight forward. happy scanning dude... Dorian

Status
Not open for further replies.