PSR 600

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboon53315

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys.I have a PSR 600.I was wondering if there is a mod or update for the amount of channels in the trunk system.Currently will allow me 32 frequencies per system.I am using the ARC500 software.I don't like using the multi site option.Also was wondering there's a CC option.Would that be just for the single site use or would it scan all the site's I have programmed in the scanner.Thanks

ScannerSK

There is no modification which would allow more than 32 control channels to be programmed in the same P25 system.

The control channel option affects all the control channel frequencies (sites) programmed into that particular system.

Multi-site is very useful when more than one control channel is programmed into a system. "Roam" allows the scanner to lock onto a good quality control channel to prevent the scanner from sitting on a control channel that is difficult to decode which causes missed conversations. "Stat" "No" sets the scanner to check a different control channel with each pass and "Stat" "Yes" checks all control channels each pass.

Not using the multi-site feature at all forces the scanner to use a single control channel until it gets so weak and so unusable that the scanner finally goes in search of a better control channel. Roam helps to keep the scanner always locked onto a good control channel. Stat/No checks a different control channel (site) with each pass.

If you absolutely must have more than 32 control channels, I would suggest making two duplicate systems and break up the control channels between the two systems.

Shawn

Last edited:

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
PSREdit is the only software to my knowledge which has true multi-site functionality. If you have more than 32 freqs for a system the software will automatically create however many systems are needed to handle the number of sites you wish to have. It will also include all the talk groups you select automatically as well and apply to them to all sites imported. No fuss no headaches.

I don't like Roam because it locks on one site and you're stuck on it. STAT is used for stationary and means it checks all CCs in your programming. Which is good in a multi-site system which may carry different traffic on different sites.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Control Channels

When it comes to programming a Tsys in my GRE scanners I just program in the control channels and the alternates from every site into the 32 channel list, I really don't care what site I am receiving in the valley, just interested in the trunked talkgroups. With a smartnet system those talkgroups don't alway stay on the site you find them on.

scanmanmi

That may be a problem I still don't undersand. If I enter a DNR talkgroup it wants a system. If I put my local tower then I don't hear it when I travel.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
What system?

Post from the database what system you are trying to program I’ll show you how I would load it into psr600.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Its a matter of personal choice. I put all freqs for a site into it because after years of experience I've found that they change control channels sometimes and it will leave you SOL if they change to a freq not in the scanner.

You'll see people on hear "Why has my scanner stopped receiving_______" Well that's why.

Some people only want the control channel freq or the control and alternates in. They usually find out the hard way but........

Plus a lot of companies like Harris use all freqs for control and alternates. So you need to have all in.

If you don't have check all CCs checked in the programming then it locks on to one site and that's it until it loses signal and goes to another one. Checking all CCs goes to all sites you have entered and scans them. Any traffic will come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.