RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > GRE Scanners

GRE Scanners - A forum for the discussion of all GRE branded scanning radios and receivers. Whistler branded scanners belong in the Whistler forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2017, 12:13 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default strange things

I recently had two strange things happen, I have a Pro-197 out in the garage[man cave] ,I had not been out there for a few days, on thanksgiving day I went out and found the display on the Pro-197 flipped! Upside down.
On Friday while running around town with PSR-500 in the car, I turned it off while I ran into a store, when I came out and turned it back on, I noticed no transmissions. I looked at the display all seemed normal, 'til I saw no bars in the signal area. Back at home I opened the case and found the two boards separated! Put them back together and all is good?
I let the 197 run for a few days it was receiving ok, I finally turned it off ,back on,!1 all is good, display is back right side up !
Has anyone else had strange things like this happen?
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2017, 12:46 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I've had my 600 display go reverse [like looking in a mirror]
turned off, turned back on all was well.

Seemed to occur after 2 weeks without being shut off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menkes View Post
I recently had two strange things happen, I have a Pro-197 out in the garage[man cave] ,I had not been out there for a few days, on thanksgiving day I went out and found the display on the Pro-197 flipped! Upside down.
On Friday while running around town with PSR-500 in the car, I turned it off while I ran into a store, when I came out and turned it back on, I noticed no transmissions. I looked at the display all seemed normal, 'til I saw no bars in the signal area. Back at home I opened the case and found the two boards separated! Put them back together and all is good?
I let the 197 run for a few days it was receiving ok, I finally turned it off ,back on,!1 all is good, display is back right side up !
Has anyone else had strange things like this happen?
Old 11-28-2017, 1:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I got my (then) nearly-new Pro-651 for $5 at a yard sale because the two boards hadn't been properly seated and it didn't work. Gave it a good squeeze, loaded my Win500 file, and it's been working great ever since.

I have noticed my Pro-197 displaying the wrong TG for the traffic being received a couple of times, turned it off & back on and all went back to normal. This too happened after extended periods of use. I tend to leave things on and just turn them down so no big surprise there. Now I try to turn it (and the 651, which has never done it) off & back on every week or so.