PSR500/PSR600: Connect 2 GRE Sanners to a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Thinking out loud here...

You will need 2 USB ports, 2 sets of cables and drivers. I think the drivers might be the hard part because once you load one driver, the other will likely think that it's already active. You will likely need to fool around in Device Manager to make sure that each cable has its own distinct COM address...

Mike

ScannerSK

If this is to program more than one scanner at a time, I would suggest the following:

The Win500 software allows a person to download the programming from more than one scanner into tabs. A person can then work within the tabs and update each scanner's programming information and when completed then update the actual scanners one at a time with their new programming.

Shawn

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
To run 2 Win500 programs at one each on program on a PSR-500. There was at one time instructions on GRE website how to do this.

lehigh4me

Premium Subscriber
I have run 2 instances of Win500 program and ran a PSR500 and a PSR600 at the same time with no problems. I used a Sabrent USB audio device for the audio on one scanner so I could listen to both over the pc speakers. I would think the same would work with two 500's

Status
Not open for further replies.