PSR-800: Help with PSR-800 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasB3131

I need a little bit of help regarding my scanners firmware.

My PSR-800 had the whistler ws1080 upgrade. Today i went to the pc programming software to upload some audio files and i also deleted a conventional channel. I then copied the configuration to the sd card and afterwards i went to turn the scanner on and got an error message that said there was an error initializing the sd card files, error code 03-01. I did take the sd card out several times which did not resolve the issue. So i read one of the posts on here that said an sd card reformat may work. I did the reformat and now the phase 2 firmware seems to be gone.

I have no idea what to do next, any help would be greatly appreciated.

DJ11DLN

Try reloading the firmware directly to the radio (CPU Update). It is possible to accidentally erase the FW from these radios, I've done it myself a couple of times. Using the appropriate version of E-Z Scan you should have no trouble putting it back.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Whistler has a right to protect its property and they made that choice.

Understood. Maybe I misinterpreted your reply.

I thought he was saying he sent it to Whistler to get the upgrade, hence my "Whistler help" comment.

Sounds like OP either misspoke about what he got/did or he downloaded the wrong firmware...

ThomasB3131

I bought this scanner off of ebay last year and it already had the the ws1080 firmware installed.

ThomasB3131

Ok it says on the screen "uP Boot Ver:F1.0

and below that it says "uP Appl Ver:U3.8

what does this mean??

DJ11DLN

Please clarify your original post. Did you lose P.2 or DMR? The latter is a symptom of a "bricked" radio. Yes, they will still turn on and work, they just won't receive DMR anymore.

Your original post claimed it was a Whistler upgraded unit. Now you say you bought it online, so do you only have the seller's word about this? If so, and if it is locked out of DMR from the later FW interacting with the illegitimate upgrade, you have two options: Make the seller give you your money back, or send it to Whistler for the official upgrade plus the unlock service. This will cost you $89 plus shipping. Depending on how much you gave this could be a viable option but if the price was over say $250 I'd make the seller take it back and refund my money.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Ok it says on the screen "uP Boot Ver:F1.0

and below that it says "uP Appl Ver:U3.8

what does this mean??

It means your scanner is NOT on official Whistler firmware, it is on the hacked version and is behind in updates but P25 should work but not very well with that ver firmware

You should send it to Whistler for the official Legacy upgrade, the cost for you will only be $59.99

DO NOT do any cpu or dsp updates via ezscan or you will LOCK it, Pull the sd card and update the library using a card reader.

Now back to your problem, try a power reset and if that doesn't work send it to whistler for the legacy upgrade as that will fix what could be a bad install of the firmware.Plus it fixes a lot of other issues and allows official updating via ezscan.

Power reset....

1) Pull the batteries and hold the power button for at least 60 seconds while pressing any other buttons. I just press them all one at a time for a couple seconds.
2) Reinstall the batteries and power on, connect usb, test.

If this doesn't fix it, format and program the card/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.