PSR500/PSR600: Not scanning Object in 'Favorites'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone,

I have a couple of conventional objects in the 'Favorites' List in my PSR-500. At first I only had 3 objects in there, which the scanner did fine. But today I added a few more objects into that scan list and for some reason it won't scan this one object that was already programmed into the Favorites as well as of the 20 regular scan lists. I checked to see if I locked it out by mistake and it was unlocked the entire time. Then, I checked the object itself, the "Fav" section stated "Yes", in other words it was already in the Favorites. Does anyone know why this is?

ScannerSK

To simply things, are you saying there is one conventional objest in your favorites list which is not locked out and is not being scanned when the favorites list button is pressed?

Try pressing "PGM" and then press the right arrow until the upper left hand corner shows "FV-####". Then use the up and down arrows to review what is programmed in the favorites list. Verify the object you are attempting to scan appears in this list and is not locked out. If everything appears ok, could there be a CTCSS or DCS code that was added to this object by accident? This may prevent anything from being received on that object.

Shawn

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
To simply things, are you saying there is one conventional objest in your favorites list which is not locked out and is not being scanned when the favorites list button is pressed?

Try pressing "PGM" and then press the right arrow until the upper left hand corner shows "FV-####". Then use the up and down arrows to review what is programmed in the favorites list.
That's exactly my issue. I checked the object and it is programmed correctly. To be a little more specific, it is a P25 conventional object which I have on "P25 Search". I'll try out what you stated.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
If its L/O on the ScanList its located its L/O in Fav.....
The object is not locked out at all. I checked at the time and it was Unlocked. In fact, to date, I never had to lock it out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Not sure why, but when I removed two objects from the Favorites, I was able to hear that one object that the scanner could not pick up.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Have you ever messed with the Expert Settings and changed any of the values there? The SQ Wait 1 and SQ Wait 2 values might be too low.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Have you ever messed with the Expert Settings and changed any of the values there? The SQ Wait 1 and SQ Wait 2 values might be too low.
I did lower the SQ Wait 1 to 5 and SQ Wait 2 to 10 after reading the "Easier to Read Manual" from Mark's Scanners. I will increase them see if it's the issue...

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so I did increase the SQ Wait 1 to 7 and SQ Wait 2 to 12 and added the two objects I deleted back into the Favorite List and I WAS able to hear the one that the scanner previously missed. Thanks for the suggestion Spitfire.

ScannerSK

Ok, so I did increase the SQ Wait 1 to 7 and SQ Wait 2 to 12 and added the two objects I deleted back into the Favorite List and I WAS able to hear the one that the scanner previously missed. Thanks for the suggestion Spitfire.

That would do it. Lowering the SQ Wait time values will speed up the search/scan rates however by sacrificing the amount of time allowed to check for a signal. Too low of values and the scanner will skip right over channels even when activity is present. My notes indicate SQ Wait 1 affects Tuning and Searching functions (search speed) while SQ Wait 2 affects the scanning function (scan speed).

Great insight from Spitfire8520! Glad you have it working.

Shawn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.