PSR500/PSR600: Strange frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanmanmi

I was searching the air band and heard some talking on 141.5 . I could understand them (repeater?) but it was muffled like they were off frequency. I pushed the up button which went to 141.5125 and the down button and lost them both times. Could this be an image of a different freq? If I add 10.7 it comes out to 152.2 which doesn't sound right.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I was searching the air band and heard some talking on 141.5 . I could understand them (repeater?) but it was muffled like they were off frequency. I pushed the up button which went to 141.5125 and the down button and lost them both times. Could this be an image of a different freq? If I add 10.7 it comes out to 152.2 which doesn't sound right.

First note that if the IF is 10.7, the images is at either + or - 21.4 (note 10.7).
A possibility (if the IF is 10.7) would be aircraft AM on 141.5-21.5=120.1.
Also military aircraft use AM in the band you tuned and could us AM on 141.5.

You said you could understand them--What did they say? That would be a clue to who they are and the frequency.

scanmanmi

21.4 puts me at 162.9. One said to see how that goes and the other said Ok I'll get back to you. I believe it was FM and the sound of both people made me believe it was a repeater. I tuned to that freq and will monitor it alone.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
21.4 puts me at 162.9. One said to see how that goes and the other said Ok I'll get back to you. I believe it was FM and the sound of both people made me believe it was a repeater. I tuned to that freq and will monitor it alone.

If it is military on 141.5 and AM, it would seem "muffled" like you said when received as AM. And it would be mostly likely be used between two aircraft and would sound like a repeater though not one. I think this is most likely what you heard.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Could it becoming from across the lake(s) from Ontario? 138-144MHz is general LMR use. All FM or other digital(P25, DMR or NXDN) modes. LMR in VHF in Canada is 15KHz steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scanmanmi

So it's not the GRE after all.

I heard something a little weak so I fired up the Yaesu with the tower and got these guys coming in full bars. I just caught the end again but it was crystal clear. They'll be on tomorrow. One sounded good and one sounded like it might be a CCR. They are definitely on this freq. I am not sure how it is designated though. This https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...locations_Chart_2016_-_The_Radio_Spectrum.pdf just shows asFixed/Mobile. FCC search returns nothing and RR returns https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=isf&stid[]=10001&freq=141.5&coid=1

Status
Not open for further replies.