PSR500/PSR600: moto trbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsnarr

I have the PSR-600 and wondering if it does Mototrbo or DMR type digital mode? Seems someone put up a new DMR repeater nearby, wouild like to listen in. Works great for Motorola type II trunking though.
Tnx.
-G.

gsnarr

Thanx @buddrousa, maybe I'll just buy a transciever, then I can talk to them too. :) Was hoping for a zero cost solution.
Maybe can use an SDR, will have to look into that. Appears SDR# and DSD+ can do it with a cheap dongle I have kicking around. Just have to figure out how to set it up.
Cheers!
-G.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
If you don't want to buy another scanner you can always get an RTL SDR dongle and decode dmr that way. There is a bit of setup to them and a small learning curve but once you get it working they're a super cheap and easy way to monitor most digital modes.

jdavida10

This is probably a repeat question. So, the P600 does do p25? I have ARC500 software. Looking at the trunking part of the software, under 'system type' if I double click on the type, it shows a P25 man & p25 auto. Which of these would I use? I live in Orange Co., Ca., and our countywide system is going to P25 Phase 1 (I believe). I also think it might be multiple sites, as well, so I guess I would have receiving problems. Thank you, in advance, if you can help me. J. David Aten jdavida10@yahoo.com

N8IAA

This is probably a repeat question. So, the P600 does do p25? I have ARC500 software. Looking at the trunking part of the software, under 'system type' if I double click on the type, it shows a P25 man & p25 auto. Which of these would I use? I live in Orange Co., Ca., and our countywide system is going to P25 Phase 1 (I believe). I also think it might be multiple sites, as well, so I guess I would have receiving problems. Thank you, in advance, if you can help me. J. David Aten jdavida10@yahoo.com

P-25 Auto.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.