PSR-800: Trying to do RRDB update

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

Has anyone had a problem with doing a DB update and the SD card not being read...?

I've been trying today but it won't recognize my card (I've tried two different ones) and when I attempt to prepare/copy from and copy to it erases everything and won't perform any of the actions. I've reformatted using the EZscan program and a separate formatter to no avail. Would this be an EZscan issue or computer/hardware issue? Thanks for any suggestions.

Mikejo

Premium Subscriber
I think perhaps it may be the card's themselves. I had problems quite a while back and discovered that the faster card's don't work. Also, if the card's capacity was too big there were problems as well. I had to resort to a 4 gig card which believe me was plenty storage space anyway.

My problem was with a PSR-800, I do not know what scanner and version of EZ-Scan you are using, but this is the extent of what I'm able to offer on the subject.

Hope it's useful!

73's

troymail

Silent Key
I have encountered some cards that just won't work on the scanners... Are you having a problem with a card that worked in the past (maybe failing?) and/or a new card you've never used before?

AuntEnvy

Thanks for the replies guys... I've never had a problem with these cards before. I feel as though it has something more to do with the dang windows update seeing as this is the firs time I've done an 800/EZscan update since then. I also had a problem with the whistler program as well. I'm not sure what to do at this point, other than using the SD without the latest library. Guess I'll have to try that and see what happens...

4scanners

I had this same problem with my PSR 800. I download the updates and tried too upload it the radio but it wouldn't let me. So unplug the usb plug from the computer and plug it back in waited for the computer
to recognize the scanner drive and try rescanning it fixed the problem. It has been doing that for the last few updates.

Last edited:

AuntEnvy

Yep, been there done that. As have many others.

EZscan is not finding any SD I've put in no matter the size or brand but my computer is recognizing other devices. I can't imagine all 3 cards failed and are having an issue at the same time so it must be within the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.