PSR-800: SD-Card after WS1080 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
My PSR-800 scanner is coming back from Whistler today with the WS1080 upgrade.
Can I put my micro sd-card back in the way it was left before I sent it in, or do I need to format it and start from scratch because of the upgrade?

RadShackFan

To be honest, I don't recall. It will come with an instruction sheet on what to do. I followed the instructions and was up and running in a few minutes.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
SD card

If you were still using the original GRE/RS software, you will want to download the latest from Whistler and start with a new cofiguration due to the many improvements and addition of DMR and P25 Phase II. P25 Phase II was originally a beta before the upgrade.

DJ11DLN

Once you get the correct version of E-Z Scan installed, you can read your card, use the "restore defaults" option, then re-enter any custom settings, save the configuration back to the card, and you're ready to go.

Follow the printed instructions to the letter too, but this is a general way of sharing programming between the various GRE800-type radios. You can use it on any of the PSR-800, Pro-18, Pro-668, WS-1080/10881095/1098 and it will probably work with the TRX-series as well.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
Thanks everyone! The SD-card did work as is, but decided to follow the directions that came with the upgrade and all is working really well!

Status
Not open for further replies.