Thank you Whistler for offering the upgrade for GRE scanners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-BoneZ-

Premium Subscriber
Doubt this will be seen by Whistler, but I would like to thank them for offering the upgrade for Grecom scanners. I haven't used my scanner in years, and went to use it the other day. Obviously it wasn't working because I needed to update the firmware and library. When I came here to do that, I saw the posts from Whistler about the upgrade option.

I sent it in, and in a week and a half, got it right back. Now it's working like brand new. Small price to pay to have a working scanner again vs. the amount of money it costs for a new trunking scanner.

Thank you, Whistler for supporting these "legacy" scanners.

DJ11DLN

My Pro-18 got a lot more than just DMR! Almost all the functionality it lacked in native form (vs the PSR-800) was restored to it. And my Pro-668, which was as deaf as a post from new, came to life and now is a valued piece of my scanning arsenal.

Thanks indeed, Whistler.

mancow

Database Admin
I wonder if they would put new housings on them if requested? My PSR800 is way past well worn.

DJ11DLN

Give them a call or drop an e-mail...worst thing they could possibly say would be "no." Or maybe they would just sell you the case halves.

Blackpaw

Premium Subscriber
Would current WS 1065s have the correct firm ware and updates already installed? How would I prove I purchased a Wistler scanner from an authorized dealer if I needed to approach a 3rd party for the update info.

Basically, I am wanting to find the best deal on a new/used/refurbished WS1065/PSR600/Pro197.......any ideas? Thanks!!

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.