PSR500/PSR600: All buttons just to the Func Symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFEMTCURRENCE

Premium Subscriber
I pushed the Func CLR button to try and delete a talk system however now my scanner wont dont anything, when i push every button the Func symbol pops up but it doesn't do it with the Func key itself. I tried turning it on to hard reset it and that wont even work any suggestions.

budevans

I pushed the Func CLR button to try and delete a talk system however now my scanner wont dont anything, when i push every button the Func symbol pops up but it doesn't do it with the Func key itself. I tried turning it on to hard reset it and that wont even work any suggestions.

One question, how many systems do you have loaded into your scanner? If you just had one, you may have deleted it. So there would be nothing for the scanner to scan.

If you are using a software package like Win500 or PSREdit 500, try to download your programming to the scanner (over writing it's current condition).

If that doesn't work, take the batteries out or disconnect the A.C. adapter and let the scanner sit for a couple of minutes. Then put the batteries or A.C. adapter back and try to power it up. If you still get nothing, try using your software to redownload to the scanner.

FFEMTCURRENCE

Premium Subscriber
so every button i press turns on/off the function option, the function button now does nothing, i can't switch modes, i can't go into firmware update when i turn on the scanner, i cant hard reset it during startup, the virtual scanner on ARC500 does nothing, uploading new v-folders does nothing. I'm at a loss for words

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Check to see if any buttons (especially Fn and CLR) are stuck in the "pressed" position.

FFEMTCURRENCE

Premium Subscriber
Check to see if any buttons (especially Fn and CLR) are stuck in the "pressed" position.

i did and it's a no go, basically my keypad is now useless i'm actually confused, took out the battery and everything. all of this bc i was following the manual on something :roll:

lou9155

to delete an object its prog>func>cl have you read this Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual also see the section on power on options ........ did you backup your last programming session...maybe you can re upload

ScannerSK

It sounds like the metal contacts on the keypad are peeling/flaking off inside the scanner and making a specific button stuck. This is very common with the GRE PSR-500 scanner and possibly the PSR-600 as well.

The only way to really fix this issue is to open the scanner and clean off any metal flakes on the board where the buttons make contact. If enough of the contact falls off an individual key that key will stop working until fixed using keypad repair glue.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.