PSR-500 and PSR-600 Pre Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Here Are The Color Renderings

New Thread So As Not To Bury The Photos Down In The Previous Thread.

Attachments

• psr-500.JPG
    psr-500.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 7,621
  • psr-600.JPG
    psr-600.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 7,615
Last edited by a moderator:

safetyobc

I said in the previous thread that black wouldn't be good, but I was wrong.

That looks GOOD!

Of course the actual pic of the unit had the LCD in the middle, not on top like the pics above. I like the LCD on top still.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
safetyobc said:
I said in the previous thread that black wouldn't be good, but I was wrong.

That looks GOOD!

Of course the actual pic of the unit had the LCD in the middle, not on top like the pics above. I like the LCD on top still.

Much better than the all silver look.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
safetyobc said:
I agree, it should be moved here or reposted.

Sure guys, here is the Dayton Photo:

100_0517.jpg

SCPD

QRT
Black: Yep :)

Scanning/searching Speed: Seemed as fast or faster than my Pro-96

How do you navigate Objects in MAN mode: Just use the Arrow Keys. U/D scrolls within a scan list, and L/R scrolls to change scan lists. You can also just type the Object number and press SEL. Also in PGM mode, there is a FIND option and you type Alpha/numeric (partial or full) and it will search the number and text fields in every object and let you choose to monitor (MAN), or press NEXT(softkey) to keep FIND-ing.

Whatever the last object you scanned or FOUND or whatever is the object that comes up when you press MAN. In MAN the Object is fully functional as if it was Scanned.

BTW you can change the eight factory default colors to any color / brilliance you want by having direct access to the R-G-B drive values. I think the overall useful values are something like 360,000 combinations. Pretty cool.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
When can we expect these to be out on the market?

If ya look close enuf you can see a "k" next to the guy's thumb.......

Any word on specs for these units??

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
bubba - specs are in the first thread, release mentioned there was October, and the 'k' is part of RadioShack...

KD4YGG

Database Admin
October 2007 is scheduled market release at this time

Voyager

Dealer logos

While it's an interesting idea, do you realize how much that would drive up the cost of the cases? Rather than making one case, you would have to make maybe 25. And replacements? Any way yo look at it, it would be a logistical nightmare.

Color? How about something like a dark green - almost black, but not quite.

Joe M.

w8jjr

Premium Subscriber
Print shops could silk screen one easy. I woundnt want it. Now thats the color I was talking about. Looks profesional and it much more discrete. Hope that trim color is gray and not silver

w8jjr

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if RS is planning to have GRE build one for them also.
With out having the inside contacts to check with, sure looks like it

Any RS people like to comment?

GRE has been releasing scanners with their name on them that they build for RS for a few years. The just dont release in US.

windigofer

OK, looks good, looks really good (and throw me in for another vote for basic black).

Now, one thing I'm curious on is the following:

a) Function keys a go-go (or are those for quick favourites, as they have a function key for other stuff as well--just the F1, F2 et al remind me of computer keyboards). Seriously, what are those for?

b) I presume the little waveform is for the signal search feature?

And October, you say...okay, that'll leave me plenty of time to save my half K for this, though if GRE would be really nice and wants beta testers I officially am offering my services. (Seriously, GRE folks, I do have experience in hardware beta testing, resume on request even.)

windigofer

Beta testing

Those of you who've been lucky enough to get in GRE's beta testing program--how exactly did you find out when they had openings (did you contact GRE's email addresses, was there an announcement here, etc.)?

(Yes, I want to get in on beta tests :D)

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
cpunut said:
How do you navigate Objects in MAN mode: Just use the Arrow Keys. U/D scrolls within a scan list, and L/R scrolls to change scan lists. You can also just type the Object number and press SEL. Also in PGM mode, there is a FIND option and you type Alpha/numeric (partial or full) and it will search the number and text fields in every object and let you choose to monitor (MAN), or press NEXT(softkey) to keep FIND-ing.

Whatever the last object you scanned or FOUND or whatever is the object that comes up when you press MAN. In MAN the Object is fully functional as if it was Scanned.

So "scan list" is the "new" VScanner, just dynamic? And an "object" is a talk group ID or freq or alpha tagwith specific "addresses" within the total memory so I can go there with one hand? Do I still need to "open" and "close" scan lists to preserve the unique freq/PL-DPL to alpha tag identity? How easily can I store a freq I snatch with search mode?

Steve, could you tell if the decoding will work well with KSP and level with the other P-25 systems?

Wish I could play with one right now, would put it through the work-a-day wringer on the streets... this is so intriguing!
By the way, color isn't really a factor with my choice--the silver on my PRO97 is worn in all the "right" spots...but a subdued urban camo would be cool.

Thanx for the info... gotta start hiding money!

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
How does this new scanner compare to the 396? Is it better? Worse? Most importantly, how does the P25 voice quality sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.