A Novel Feature for LTR: Please listen GRE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jje64

Some LTR fleets are set up where the base is on one TG and EACH mobile in the fleet is on its own TG. This is done to prevent the mobiles from talking to each other (Taxis, Tow Trucks, etc) This makes it very hard to listen to both sides of the conversation with a scanner.

The commercial radios in the fleet can be programmed for "block decode". This allows the base to decode all TG's in the fleet (and display the TG ID in the radio display.

It would be great if GRE can put this feature in the new PSR scanners. That would be one up on Uniden.

bezking

Just a side note that we have a user here called UPman who develops scanners at Uniden, but I know of nobody from GRE... So I think that Uniden will have one up on GRE now!

scannerfreak

Database Admin
bezking said:
Just a side note that we have a user here called UPman who develops scanners at Uniden, but I know of nobody from GRE... So I think that Uniden will have one up on GRE now!

GRE is here, they aren't publicly known as Paul is..

jerk

jje64 said:
Some LTR fleets are set up where the base is on one TG and EACH mobile in the fleet is on its own TG. This is done to prevent the mobiles from talking to each other (Taxis, Tow Trucks, etc) This makes it very hard to listen to both sides of the conversation with a scanner.

The commercial radios in the fleet can be programmed for "block decode". This allows the base to decode all TG's in the fleet (and display the TG ID in the radio display.

It would be great if GRE can put this feature in the new PSR scanners. That would be one up on Uniden.

Why so hard? Just program them both no delay, and should work ok. And I think it's rare, except perhaps among taxi services, which are boring anyway to me at least.

AL

Lodis

GRE are definately aware of these threads and I have had real replies back any time I have emailed them regarding features of these new radio scanners as well.

JGP

jje64 said:

I'm with you on this feature. It can't be that hard for GRE or Uniden to do.

With no delay on a large fleet trying to talk at the same time and other talk groups with their own TGID using the frequency at the same time, there is no way to follow a conversation. It just goes from one TGID to another. With a small fleet, no delay will work, but no way will it work ok with a large fleet.

Why do it the hard way when it can be made easy for us IMHO.

windigofer

In regards to GRE on the forums--I can't speak for too much, but rest assured they *do* read the forums here (at least that's what I've heard from GRE reps I've talked to in regard to the buzz that the new scanners are causing) :D

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
They (Radio Shop) are more likely to use individual talkgroup ID's with block decode in order to turn radios on or off on a seasonal bases or to control how many radios a specific customer has on the system especially if they are paying for airtime on a rental system.

jje64 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.