PSR-500 and PSR-600 Pre Release (Continued 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
With the final version of the manual released, I think we should start fresh, again :D This will take us up to the post-release thread..

Last edited:

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
Page 12 of the manual:
Our engineers decided that an entirely new method of programming and controlling scanning receivers was needed
God forbid they actually ask consumers what they would like .. :roll:

Why-O-why is it so hard to get an HT radio with a discriminator tap?

Last edited:

pogbobo

I wonder, did they keep that insane way of programming alpha tags? ... did not like that at all when I got my pro97 ... thank goodness for programming software with that mess ...

cipher66

ARTCC DB Manager
Database Admin
pogbobo said:
I wonder, did they keep that insane way of programming alpha tags? ... did not like that at all when I got my pro97 ... thank goodness for programming software with that mess ...

That's interesting, because I thought that the "pro-97/96" way of doing alpha tags was easier and faster than the "knob" method... I guess it shows that everyone has diffrent opinions about everything.

KC9NEG

Christmas, phase one... phase two comes when we get our radios. Great looking manual--I love color. It reminds me of a Saturn car Owner's Manual. All printed up and ready for bedside reading.

Todd/Indy

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
I guess I have to sorta take back the comment about no discriminator tap. Page 119: CCDump

It will dump P25, Moto3600, EDACS Wide and Narrow, LTR and SAME.

hrmmm.

trido

Premium Subscriber
tbhausen said:
Christmas, phase one... phase two comes when we get our radios. Great looking manual--I love color. It reminds me of a Saturn car Owner's Manual. All printed up and ready for bedside reading.

Todd/Indy
Todd I may be wrong last I heard no print manual with scanner ONLY PDF file on disc.If that changed I willmake correction.

KC9NEG

Jeff, I meant I have one printed up here and ready for bedside reading. If GRE isn't shipping a paper manual, I think that's a great move. Including one would result in a huge box or very small print, plus heavier shipping weight.

Love the reference to RR! I haen't had time to look into the manual in detail yet (still working--yuck).

Todd/Indy

trido

Premium Subscriber
tbhausen said:
Jeff, I meant I have one printed up here and ready for bedside reading. If GRE isn't shipping a paper manual, I think that's a great move. Including one would result in a huge box or very small print, plus heavier shipping weight.

Love the reference to RR! I haen't had time to look into the manual in detail yet (still working--yuck).

Todd/Indy
You are right and I have confirmed no print manual just to large.

jehm1212

I've searched the manual a few times but can't seem to find a way to divide talkgroup or conventional objects into "groups" smaller than a scanlist. If true, this seems a little odd and a bit of a step backward.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
jehm1212 said:
I've searched the manual a few times but can't seem to find a way to divide talkgroup or conventional objects into "groups" smaller than a scanlist. If true, this seems a little odd and a bit of a step backward.
You can't. It's scan lists, a favorite list and that's it.

It's not backward since when has GRE done something more advanced than what they are now? They took a different approach to what Uniden is doing. You can't be a competitor and duplicate their design; that's just not right. What isn't backward is direct object ID access to every TG, system, search list, stalker search and service search unlike Uniden.

jehm1212

I'm not suggesting that they have to copy uniden, just use a little of what they've used in the past. Right now, I make good use of ID sub banks on trunked systems on my Pro-96. I guess I'll just have to get a little creative. One of the great things about the OOUI is the ability to be very creative and have such dynamic setups.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
Downloaded the Manual

By the time I got home I guess the rest of you had the manual, so I had no problem with server capacity. And the main reason for this post is to be able to subscribe to this thread. Posting is the only way I know to subscribe to a THREAD.
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.