Are the PSR series, GREs' first models sold directly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

videobruce

Premium Subscriber
Can I assume these are the first radios that GRE is selling directly as opposed to the versions that were made for RS? I haven't really kepted up lately.

videobruce

Premium Subscriber
Before last May, did anyone know they were going to do this?
Will these be available to RS? Not that I would want to buy one there mind you. ;)

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I would like to see them sold at Radio Shack once the dust settles on the first release. Time will tell if they do, but I think the mindset at Radio Shack will need to change first.

Looks like they passed up on selling the PSR- 500 on the first go round. If you look at the pre-release picture on the Wiki page or first pre-release thread you see what I'm talking about. The PR0-97/2055 and 96/2096 will have to be exhausted from stock before we see that I'm sure.

walter900

>I would like to see them sold at Radio Shack once the dust settles on the first release.

yea.... me too!!

hoser147

When I bought my pro96 they had a 100bucks off for the couple of months before Christmas plus if ya used your shack card an extra 10 percent off and a year with no intrest. Makes for a good deal, especially that time of year.............Good Scannin Hoser

rchalupajr

A while back RS had an online coupon to print out. I didn't take advantage of it at the time, but several people on RR did and saved a good amount buying new scanners.
If RS did carry these models, Eventually some good sales would come along.

Todd-NG

rchalupajr said:
A while back RS had an online coupon to print out. I didn't take advantage of it at the time, but several people on RR did and saved a good amount buying new scanners.
If RS did carry these models, Eventually some good sales would come along.

I actually got a great deal on my Pro-2096 from one of the RS stores that was going out of business. They had a new "In the Box" Pro-2096 for 50% off or $250.00!!!

I wouldn't mind seeing RS carry the new GRE radios, they do have some good sales at times.

videobruce

Premium Subscriber
In the past RS has almost always sold a similar model to the Uniden version (for example), but it was 'stripped' down in some ways.

DELCOLHFC

Hoping for a Pro-500 at R.S.

I too hope Radio Shack carries them and I also hope they come out as branded RS products rather than GRE. For the above mentioned sale price reasons. I have two Pro-96's one had a $150 online black Friday rebate for a total of $350 delivered and the other one and two Pro-2096's were bought while on sale for $400 and a Friends and family 30% off RS branded stuff coupon was used bringing thier prices down to $280 each. The Friends and Family coupons only give you 10% off non RS items. I don't remenber seeing many places that had similar Uniden units available with price reductions like this and I'm guessing that the GRE's will follow the market pricing alongside the Uniden competition.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Radio Shack does not have any deal in place for any of it's corporate stores to sell the GRE PSR series of scanners.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
scan-pa said:
Radio Shack does not have any deal in place for any of it's corporate stores to sell the GRE PSR series of scanners.

Curious, how do you know this?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
First and foremost - they'll be out in less than a week and nobody has leaked any SKU numbers...

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Not to say they wouldn't be available later on, but maybe Scan-Pa has some inside information? They could be made available in the future through Radio Shack direct, jut as the Uniden radios are. And yes I am aware that the Uniden radios are being sold at or near MSRP on that web site.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
I called RS HQ Back on Wed. to ask them that question and was on hold for 23 Min, before someone named Steve at Radio Shack Corp. came on the phone and answered my question.

Seems they are cutting back on alot of products they use to be known for.

Radio Shack like Sears, is just not the same as the good old days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.