Nobody's looking forward to the PSR-300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryangassxx

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Seems like all of the attention is being payed to the 500.. Which is fine if you are into monitoring digital stuff.

I happen to live in an area where most everything is still analog though, and for what I need, the PSR-300 is the radio that I have my eye on.. For all practical purposes it's the successor of the Pro-97, one of the absolute best analog scanners I've ever owned..

Is anyone else looking forward to the release of the PSR-300?

Steve

I am. Digital capable is great but for now most everything I monitor daily is still analog.
So bring the 300 on.

Steve
KD4LCY
KAF9087

n2mdk

Looking over the User Manual, frankly except for what appears to be a signal strength meter, I can't find anything different between the PSR-300 and the Pro-97.Can someone point out something I may be overlooking.
There is a difference in the display I guess as well. but operation seems pretty much the same as the 97.

Last edited:

RolnCode3

I want the mobile version (-400), but I am looking forward to the pair.

Already have enough digital scanning capability for the limited digital in my area.

TPKeller2

::waving hands in the air:: Me too!

My trusty (and very old) Bearcat 100XLT just recently died, and I was ready to buy a PRO-97 too, then I saw this 300 was coming out soon.

The other significant difference is that the 300 will support rebanding, where the PRO-97 does not.

Theron

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
I wish the 300/400 pair would work well for me... there are a number of agencies in my monitoring area with plans to go digitial in the near future.... alas, it is the 500/600 pair for me.... but can't wait!

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
n2mdk said:
Looking over the User Manual, frankly except for what appears to be a signal strength meter, I can't find anything different between the PSR-300 and the Pro-97.Can someone point out something I may be overlooking.
There is a difference in the display I guess as well. but operation seems pretty much the same as the 97.

As you pointed out the S-Meter, plus Railroad service search, Attenuator fuction looks a little different, but best of all it's firmware upgradable while the PRO-97/2055 is not.

ryangassxx

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Even if it's just a Pro-97 with rebanding support,... Thats still quite a bit to get excited about.. The 97 is a fantastic radio..

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
A dynamic memory with scanable objects such as talkgroups, conventional channels, search limits, spectrum sweeper, and service search that can be linked together tailored to the users taste. It's found on the new flagship GRE handheld and mobile/base radio, the PSR-500 and PSR-600: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/PSR-500

The PSR-300 and PSR-400 look to be a direct replacement of the PRO-97 and PRO-2055. I'm sure they are mainly designed with rebanding in mind and possible feature upgrades if memory is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.