having trouble with wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello i am scanning scanlist 1 . which i have manually put in my tgrp ids in scanlist1, my problem is that i am getting from the wildcard tgrp ids that i have not entered. i do not want these. i only want the tgrp ids that i have manually put in, please help ineed to get the wildcard out so that the scanner will only monitor the tgrp ids that i have put in. i hope this is enough info. thanks for any help. i need step by step info on how to do this. sometimes these electronic gagets are a little to much for us dummies thanks again for the help

DonS

frank125 said:
hello i am scanning scanlist 1 . which i have manually put in my tgrp ids in scanlist1, my problem is that i am getting from the wildcard tgrp ids that i have not entered. i do not want these. i only want the tgrp ids that i have manually put in, please help ineed to get the wildcard out so that the scanner will only monitor the tgrp ids that i have put in. i hope this is enough info. thanks for any help. i need step by step info on how to do this. sometimes these electronic gagets are a little to much for us dummies thanks again for the help
The "wildcard" TGRP gives you everything. That's what it's for.

If you don't want "everything", you can either:
a. delete the wildcard TGRP (PGM, arrow-key to WC TGRP, FUNC+CL)
b. lockout the wildcard TGRP (MAN or PGM, arrow-key to WC TGRP, FUNC+L/OUT)
c. move the wildcard TGRP to a different (not-enabled) scan list (PGM, arrow-key to WC TGRP, EDIT, CURR, set the "Scan Lists" item appropriately)

Status
Not open for further replies.