PSR-500/600 1.2 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm upgrating the firmware now. That's quite a list. GRE indeed does listen (for those who were skeptical). I'm really anxious to try a few things out.

I'm thoroughly impressed at what they've worked on since the last update.

Mike

DonS

kq4z said:
How soon before there is a WIN500 update to support some of these new enhancements?
11:07 PST today

(the only firmware change that requires a Win500 update is the "check all CCs" option for MultiSite=STAT TSYS objects)

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
kq4z said:
Soo,

How soon before there is a WIN500 update to support some of these new enhancements?

de
chris
kq4z

Probably very soon. There is a new version out today on Starrsoft.com, specifically targetting:

Added "Check all CCs in Scan-mode" checkbox when TSYS is set to MultiSite=STAT, to support that feature added in the 1.2 firmware

mike

pinhead

Down Loading Software

Hello can sume one tell when i down load this new software in to my radio do i have to have the radio set a certain way.or do i just plug it in an down load.please. what are the step's i don't want to srew my radio up. thank you.EARL.

Statevillian

I just downloaded the new CPU and DSP 1.2 and the I Call issue.....drum roll please......IS FIXED! In the field and in the house. Sweet and easy like the other EDACS conversations on the talkgroups. Perfect. Now...NOW...NOW...I can honestly say the 500 is the king of the hill. What a BEAST! Yesssssssssssssssss.

And, no, I have not checked any of the other fixes yet. That will require a little more time. Thanks for listening GRE!!!!!!!!

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
- Added brief ScanList tag and "ON vs OFF" display when toggling ScanLists
on/off. This is displayed for >= 500 mS, depending on how large the
toggled ScanList is

Nice! Kudos to GRE for reading and listening; makes me glad I invested in GRE. I will be applying this upgrade soon (after a few other folks go first :) ).

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
Statevillian said:
I just downloaded the new CPU and DSP 1.2 and the I Call issue.....drum roll please......IS FIXED! In the field and in the house. Sweet and easy like the other EDACS conversations on the talkgroups. Perfect. Now...NOW...NOW...I can honestly say the 500 is the king of the hill. What a BEAST! Yesssssssssssssssss.

And, no, I have not checked any of the other fixes yet. That will require a little more time. Thanks for listening GRE!!!!!!!!
I agree 100% This is one tough scanner to beat,Other than being just a bit hot on receive in the VHF range,Just use the attenuator and all is well.I have owned all recent digital trunk trackers on the market and let me tell ya (You Can't Touch This) By far the most impressive scanner made today..And my hat's off to a company that seems to constantly strive to make a great product even better with great customer support and alway's looking to improve upon their product as they have done as well for the pro 20/96 radio shack model's..

Last edited:

pinhead

Down Loading Software

Ok i down loaded the file for the cpu off of gre i did what it said to open it . i un zip it an then it said i did not have win zip so i down load win zip still no go .can sume one tell me how to down load this software. help

hoser147

Just to confirm I got this right. After downloading and restarting and pressing 3 on welcome screen it shows
Vers-Key Exits
uP Appl Ver:F1.1
DSP Appp Ver:U1.2
DSP Voc Ver:F1.0
Is this correct with yours? Thanks Hoser

Statevillian

I don't think so

hoser147 said:
Just to confirm I got this right. After downloading and restarting and pressing 3 on welcome screen it shows
Vers-Key Exits
uP Appl Ver:F1.1
DSP Appp Ver:U1.2
DSP Voc Ver:F1.0
Is this correct with yours? Thanks Hoser

My 500 is in my car but it should say 1.2 on the top two lines and 1.0 on the third. There are 2 downloads you need to do. CPU and DSP.

DonS

After applying the updates on the GRE America web site, both "uP Appl Ver" and "DSP App Ver" should read "U1.2".

At least, that's what my PSR-600 reports when I hit '3' during the Welcome message display.

pinhead

Down Loading Software

Ok every thing read's as u 1.2 now my psr600 is smoking. Best radio on the market. GRE ROCK'S...........

Status
Not open for further replies.