CHP southern yellow 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
No, it is not. The correct frequency is 45.5 Mhz. It's simply called the Yellow now; the __ - 2 was dropped right after the changeover.

The Inland and Border Blue frequencies are wrong too. I noticed 39.14 Mhz has been removed, yet I'm listening to it right now !

Mike_G_D

The Inland and Border Blue frequencies are wrong too. I noticed 39.14 Mhz has been removed, yet I'm listening to it right now !

I wondered about that - at least in the San Diego County area the old Blue of 42.34MHz hasn't been used in several years. After I saw that strange old Blue listing added to the Border Division and the Blue1 deleted I sent an official submission to have it changed back; hopefully that will be fixed soon!

-Mike

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I wondered about that - at least in the San Diego County area the old Blue of 42.34MHz hasn't been used in several years. After I saw that strange old Blue listing added to the Border Division and the Blue1 deleted I sent an official submission to have it changed back; hopefully that will be fixed soon!

-Mike

The changes CHP is making are still in a state of flux. The concept of a division-wide Blue channel seems to be out the window. 42.34 will be used in parts of Border Division - including at some sites in San Diego County.

Don

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hey guys. I had made these changes based on submissions I received. If something is incorrect, please resubmit and I will change it back.

I know I changed the blue back.

Last edited:

Mike_G_D

The changes CHP is making are still in a state of flux. The concept of a division-wide Blue channel seems to be out the window. 42.34 will be used in parts of Border Division - including at some sites in San Diego County.

Don

Well this sort of answers one of my questions as posted in the California-wide forum - the fate of the division-wide Blue2 concept.

kma371,

You should list the 39.14MHz 162.2Hz CTCSS Blue as "BLUE 1" which is what it has been known as for some time now (though the users often refer to it simply as "Blue") in order to distinguish it from the original Blue 42MHz pair. Also, given K5CDO's information, you should now also list the original 42MHz/42MHz Blue pair along with the 39MHz/42MHz Blue 1 pair for use in the Border Division.

Also, given K6CDO's post, I am guessing that the Border area will not likely be getting any Blue 2 channels at least for the foreseeable future?!?

-Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.