When will LA-RICS be up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandpaFrank

I was reading about this in my previous thread that is closed, we got the scanner back! Anyway, what is LA-RICS and when will it be implemented? Are any scanners capable of receiving that yet?

Edit: Nevermind, I see we have 5 years still to go.

Last edited:

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
We are looking at 2013 or later for user migration.
Currently they are in the RFP stage with hopefully a contract to be awarded by early 2011.

As far as ability monitor, its a bit unknown what the system will be like exactly until the contract is awarded, and even then there is unknowns like if they will employ encryption or not.

fender1878

I was reading about this in my previous thread that is closed, we got the scanner back! Anyway, what is LA-RICS and when will it be implemented? Are any scanners capable of receiving that yet?

Edit: Nevermind, I see we have 5 years still to go.

To answer your question: "what is LA-RICS," it's a master interoperability radio system that many of the municipalities and public safety agencies in LA County are planning to go to. Some say that ICIS now competes with LA-RICS as they both are actively looking for additional subscribers. In the end, neither system will offer full LA County "interoperability" because both systems will require access to each other, while remaining separate entities.

Status
Not open for further replies.