CHP Scanner Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvelas10

I have a couple of questions. First, does anyone know what has happened to the Inland CHP feed? Second, I have been looking into buying a scanner to listen to CHP's frequencies. Which scanner would I need to buy or which is the best, but on a budget to pick up these frequencies? Thank you ver much guys.

bigcatmotorhead

Premium Subscriber
I just read your post. You just missed out on a two day sale at Radio Shack which was offering the Pro 163 and Pro 164 for $99.00. One is handheld and the other is mobile or desktop and either one would work for CHP, Riverside Police, Corona Police and Riverside Sheriff. The sheriff has a change coming in a few years and current scanners may not pick up their signals if they encode transmissions. Normally the scanners mentioned are $199.00 but every once and while they go on sale at $169.00. Good Luck

cousinkix1953

Listening to the CHP is not too complicated. Any decent low-band scanner will pick them up. Invest in a good outdoor antenna, if you want to hear both ends of a conversation. Not all of their systems are repeated.

I'll bet that you can pick up a cheap used 50 channel scanner and program the so-California systems into it...

Status
Not open for further replies.