Bigbear fire Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnmadman

Premium Subscriber
When Im on 8-fire-1, I can hear the dispatch, but not the units? whats going on? Splinter system? Also looking for DEC/HEX codes for caltrans in the mtns..... Thanks , and stay dry!

jlanfn

California Database Admin
Which station units can't you hear?

The same dispatcher sometimes handles 8-Fire-1 and 6-Fire-3 simultaneously and only the dispatcher is heard on both systems. In those cases, a unit on 6-Fire-3 will not be heard on 8-Fire-1.

mtnmadman

Premium Subscriber
Here lately, I have been hearing both now. 6-fire 1 is Desert comm right? Still looking for Caltrans freq for the mtns. I dont think its all off of Santingo peak... I Think caltrans has a site off of Heaps, or Onyx. Thanks for your help!

jrholm

desertcomm no longer exists. Big Bear Lakd and City FD's are now dispatched by Comm Center out of Rialto. They actually tx and rx on a vhf freq which is patched to 8fire1. For some reason though their traffic is frequently not repeated on 8fire1. If you monitor the vhf freq you will hear both sides. I'm mobile without my SBCO radio plan. But if you look in the database you can find the freq listed under Big BEar

jrholm

At least with Big Bear, can't speak for the rest of the county because I don't get to monitor them enough.

Here is the freq.
155.36250 WQAQ678 RM Big Bear FD Big Bear City & Lake FD Dispatch

zz0468

QRT
Banned
If dispatch has things multi-selected, you'll find times when you hear dispatch traffic, but not all the mobile traffic. Patches tie two or more channels together so all traffic is heard on all patched channels. There may be times when things are either multi-selected, or patched.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Correct, normal procedure for Comm Center is to multi-select 8-Fire-1 with the Big Bear VHF channel, not patch. You should hear the dispatcher on all channels but the units will only be on either VHF or 800mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.