OC Police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
You are out of luck for the most part. If you look at the database, Any talkgroup that has an "E" in the mode column is encrypted and cannot be monitored with a scanner. Anything with an "A" or "D" is either analog or digital and can be monitored. The main thing you can monitor that's law enforcement is RED, which is where pursuits and other law-related broadcasts are done. With that being said, different PD's show up in other places. You can frequently hear stuff on the ITAC conventional channels, as well as occasionally on some of the PINK and even SILVER channels.

cousinkix1953

Orange county is California's secret police state. Not really a place for a scanner buff. Nothing left but the CHP, UC Irvine campus police and the state parks rangers...

Markb

Premium Subscriber
As far as the fed/state stuff goes, it's hit-and-miss. I hear a some of the fed stuff in the clear, but a large chunk of it is encrypted. As far as DOJ, I don't listen to them much, but I'm sure it's probably the same situation. your best bet is to plug the stuff into your scanner and try it out.

AuToGrApHzZz

Premium Subscriber
As far as the fed/state stuff goes, it's hit-and-miss. I hear a some of the fed stuff in the clear, but a large chunk of it is encrypted. As far as DOJ, I don't listen to them much, but I'm sure it's probably the same situation. your best bet is to plug the stuff into your scanner and try it out.

Aight. And I know I am probably bothing you but I actually looked this time and yea. But like for the OC pink silver and airtac, Idk how to program decimal and hex on my scanner(pro197). The manual is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.