Question about this LAPD feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaDelta10

Does this feed cover the WHOLE area in which the LAPD patrols? I mean as in the whole entire city?
I've heard the LAPD is digital and there is a significant amount of digital traffic but I'm hearing analog stuff as well. Some guys talking about janitorial services or something. Does anyone have a complete list or even some knowledge of the divisions available in this feed? Thanks!

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=899

Radio_Lady

Does this feed cover the WHOLE area in which the LAPD patrols? I mean as in the whole entire city?
I've heard the LAPD is digital and there is a significant amount of digital traffic but I'm hearing analog stuff as well. Some guys talking about janitorial services or something. Does anyone have a complete list or even some knowledge of the divisions available in this feed? Thanks!

Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Live Scanner Audio Feed
That feed also carries analog traffic from Los Angeles Airport in addition to LAXPD, including what is apparently building maintenance and other services at the airport. I've never listened to it long enough to determine whether it carries all 25 patrol and traffic divisions, since the non-police stuff often takes up so much air time.

In my opinion, if any single feed includes LAPD's 25 patrol and traffic dispatch frequencies it can't be possible to even try to follow a specific incident with any semblance of continuity. If someone simply enjoys hearing the sound of non-stop random radio calls it's probably close to ideal, though.

Last edited:

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
I havn't listened to the feed in awhile but as of about 4 months ago, it had LAX PD and a majority of the LAPD divisions. I noticed that it either doesn't pick up all divisions or they are just not scanned. If I remember right, most of the Valley, SW, SE and Hollenbeck Divisions were scanned.

Perhaps if Lindsay ever builds a scanner appliance for LA, it will finally be setup correctly lineup wise to follow most incidents easily.

Jason

Uplink

In my opinion, if any single feed includes LAPD's 25 patrol and traffic dispatch frequencies it can't be possible to even try to follow a specific incident with any semblance of continuity. If someone simply enjoys hearing the sound of non-stop random radio calls it's probably close to ideal, though.

Agreed! I don't know how anybody can follow anything on that feed. We are definitively in need of specific LAPD channels (or divisions at the least) for live feeds on here. The whole city is just too big to mass is all on a single scanner. Judging by the average listener count on the LAPD feeds the interest there.

iepoker

I agree... it we should have single feed for each division (with their fallback on it as well).

The technogy is here... it is the logical next step.

Dave from Chino
deadshowofthemonth.podbean.com

Radio_Lady

LAPD feeds

I agree... it we should have single feed for each division (with their fallback on it as well).

The technogy is here... it is the logical next step.
Absolutely, if there are enough volunteers able and willing to stream that many separate feeds. Including the fallbacks is a really good idea, especially if each feed originates within simplex range of each division. Dispatch frequencies are exclusively duplex, but fallbacks are a mix of simplex and duplex at each ofcr's choice.

Since the four traffic divisions are, as often as not, tied to patrol divisions (VTD with DEV, WTD with WLA, STD with SOW, and CTD with CENT), that would reduce the need to 21 feeds. With as much multiselecting as LAPD does for so-so "hot" calls, way too much, IMHO, but it's not going to go away, listening to just one division gives a fairly steady stream of calls except maybe in the wee hours of the morning, say 4-7 a.m.

At the very least, a separate feed for each bureau to start with.

jewie27

problem solved

I have addressed your issue about that one live feed scanning every single channel from LAPD. I know how annoying it is to have the scanner skipping conversations, so i setup a specific feed for Wilshire/Pacific. Check it out under new feeds.

jewie27

Wilshire/Pacific is now live.

Agreed! I don't know how anybody can follow anything on that feed. We are definitively in need of specific LAPD channels (or divisions at the least) for live feeds on here. The whole city is just too big to mass is all on a single scanner. Judging by the average listener count on the LAPD feeds the interest there.

no more skipping around :)

Uplink

I have addressed your issue about that one live feed scanning every single channel from LAPD. I know how annoying it is to have the scanner skipping conversations, so i setup a specific feed for Wilshire/Pacific. Check it out under new feeds.

That's great news jewie27! Great Job!, and we already have some good volunteers doing some Valley Divisions. Now we need someone down South, and someone in the Central area, and were on our way!, at least we can have the 4 Bureau's covered as a start. Thanks again!

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.