Scanner Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

key2_altfire

+1 for Ham Radio Outlet. I have purchased about half my gear from their various stores. They routinely have "the good stuff" in stock.

The other half of my gear has come from Jun's Hamcity in Culver City:
Contact Us - HamCity / Ham Radio Equipment

It's a small shop so if it's listed as in-stock on their site it's in stock at the store. There's not much to browse there though... pretty much know what you want, go to the counter and ask for it. They're friendly enough.

oracavon

would scanner master be far from LA ?

Yeah, it's on the other side of the country, in Massachusetts (on the East Coast). About 2500 miles (4100 km) from Los Angeles. Not sure why they were mentioned in this thread. I've purchased from them online and received excellent service, but I've never been there since I live in Southern California.

All the good scanner stores that I knew in the 70's and 80's are gone. They disappeared once a lot of local agencies went encrypted and online shopping became popular.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
+1 for Ham Radio Outlet. I have purchased about half my gear from their various stores. They routinely have "the good stuff" in stock.

The other half of my gear has come from Jun's Hamcity in Culver City:
Contact Us - HamCity / Ham Radio Equipment

It's a small shop so if it's listed as in-stock on their site it's in stock at the store. There's not much to browse there though... pretty much know what you want, go to the counter and ask for it. They're friendly enough.

The LA Ham shop has a pretty decent price on the GRE PSR 500 model.

brandon

Database Admin
Last time I went into a Fry's they had a few scanners and other radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.