Freqs for 22/405/605 Construction/Atkinson Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottbailey

Anyone know any freqs being used on the Orange County 22/405/605 connectors freeway construction project? According to http://www.octa.net/pdf/sep_wcc_news.pdf, the following firms are involved:

Project Contractor
Guy F. Atkinson Construction, LLC

Harris and Associates is the construction management firm responsible for the SR-22/I-
405 segment of the project.

Couldn’t find any licenses for either other than an expired license out of Washington state for Atkinson. I have a short list of CalTrans 40MHz and 800MHz simplex construction frequencies, but haven’t heard anything, nor has close call searches picked anything up. I live within a half mile or so of the demolition that is currently being done. Haven’t heard anything related on the CalTrans trunked system either, but I’m thinking most traffic would be from the private companies, maybe on one of the LTR shared systems (i.e. Henry Radio).

Of course this won’t be exciting to listen to, but might be useful over the next several years that we’ll be neighbors.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Don't look too much to the contractor(s), as I doubt they will be doing any of the actual work. Harris and Associates was absorbed by AECOM (ENR Rank #1) some time ago.

On projects like this, you need to find who the SUBcontractors are, one is pouring concrete, another will do electrical, another for the bridge demos, etc. Many construction firms use Nextel radios or IDEN phones, but some use GMRS/FRS radios for jobsite communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.