Temecula Area Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
Hello All --

I have been involved in scanning for many, many years in the Minneapolis area, however it looks like I will be relocating to the Temecula area because of a job transfer. I am wondering if maybe a few of you could tell me what the monitoring activity might be like in and around the Temecula area.

I know that Temecula is dispatched by RCS South on an EDACS system. Any idea if this will remain the same for a while or is there talk of going away from the EDACS system at some point?

I enjoy fire communications. How is the CDF and other fire agency activity in that area?

Any other interesting monitoring activity from the Temecula area?

Thanks for your time and information!

Ed

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Temecula is in Riverside County; the RCS covers San Diego and Imperial Counties (and the RCS South cell covers the southwestern 1/3 of San Diego County). Riverside County is in the process of constructing a new 700 MHz P25 system that will replace the EDACS system soon.

Fire in Riverside County (including Temecula) is on VHF-High, coordinated by CalFire.

Don

Kingscup

Feed Provider
Thanks. I sure hope that they set encryption to OFF! :)

Don't get your hopes up as it is likely they will be encrypted. I heard the new system won't be online until 2013 but that is still a rumor. Someone said they were able to pick up a control (data) channel for the new system. I am not sure how far along they are but I believe they are still working on transmitter sites.

The CAL FIRE/Riverside County Fire Department runs over 100,000 calls a year so you won't be bored listening to them. You won't be able to hear the east end of the county unless they are simulcasting. Riverside County Sheriffs and CAL FIRE/Riverside County Fire covers all of southwest Riverside County with the exception of City of Murrieta which has it's own fire/police departments.

If you haven't listened, try the audio section here for Riverside County.

Riverside County, California (CA) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

Status
Not open for further replies.