Help with HT1250 LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

regs1727

Hello, I purchased a Motorola HT1250LS UHF (450mhz-527mhz) and I have been trying to program radio frequencies (found on CODE2HIGH - Los Angeles Police Frequencies) using Professional Radio CPS software. I have been able to add the frequencies etc but I am unable to hear anything.

For example, I programmed in the Van Nuys dispatch (506.7125) and I have the squelch to CSQ and the settings all (what I believe) are correct. When it's selected I hear static every so often, then it stops and I hear more static as if there is a response. But I don't hear any voices only static. But my signal strength shows up as being a strong signal. Is there some other type of setting that I need to configure? I apologize if this is a dumb question as I am new to all of this and have spent several hours trying to research and learn about it.

Do I need any additional hardware? My ultimate goal is to have this radio be pretty much the same as a police radio. Thanks

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The HT1250 series of radios operate on analog systems only. LAPD uses Astro 25 digital modulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.