San Bernardino County Fire - VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Still used. County 1 thru 4 are monitored by Comm Center 24/7 for mutual aid responding units. Sometimes they get patched to 800mhz but not too often. The tacticals (BDC V15 thru 19) are available for on scene tactical work and are programmed in all fire apparatus radios. 800mhz tacticals are used first, however, with non 800mhz agencies responding to County run incidents, these will be used.

tomasG

It is my informed statement that Fire is returning to VHF while Sheriff willo stay at 700/800. With virtully all Fire on VHF it doesn't make sense and complictates communications during IA.

But then San Berdu drop the fulltime VHF patches.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
sbdo moving off 800

could be but I don't know. One thing to keep in mind. 800 isn't free. In ours and moany other locations it is a subsciption based service , we pay about $26/mo/radio. That adds up to alot of money, this could be a fiscal move.

f40ph

Feed Provider
New upgraded 800mhz radios scheduled to be distributed this week to County Fire...it's not happening anytime soon...

f40ph

Feed Provider
New XTS5000's received...700mhz capable and P25 capable...somehow I doubt VHF "only" will come anytime soon...and the dept didn't have to pay for them. Thanks Sprint/Nextel!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.