OC/Garden Grove Vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

utlchris

Hello friends from CA. We will be staying at the Hyatt in Garden Grove from July 1st-9th. I have a BCD396XT and am looking for some local listening. I have poked around a little in the archives and did see some encryption being used. I am wondering from those of you in this area what might I be able to listen to? Anyone have any frequencies for the Hyatt? I did see the listings for Disneyland any tips or tricks? What sites would one suggest from the Hyatt/Disneyland area? We also have a day trip out to Newport Beach/Pier and dinner cruise. Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

bigcatmotorhead

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

All police radio traffic is encripted in Orange County, however all fire department radio traffic is not encripted. Garden Grove fire has its own dispatch and "Metro net" dispatches for most north orange county fire departments. Your scanner will work very well with the 800 mghz trucked system that Orange County uses. I dont have any clue about monitoring private businesses or Disneyland.

Mick

461.7750 D412 Hyatt Regency, Garden Grove “HK” WPXL533
464.8625 D631 Hyatt Regency, Garden Grove; engineering WPXL533

There is a small amount of city police & county sheriff activity which can be heard in Orange County. There are Pink channels that are analog for communicating between police & fire or other agencies. The Tan channels also for interop comms are analog. The Red channel for countywide crime broadcasts & pursuits is digital and in the clear. County Sheriff Search & Rescue has analog channels. The Highway Patrol, State Universities Police (except Cal State Fullerton), and State Parks Police are all in the clear. Police helicopters using TG's & low band & aircraft frqs are heard.

Here's RR's Orange County Database page:
Orange County, California (CA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Eng74

In Orange county you can pick up LAPD, LA County Fire, Verdugo on the ICIS system, L.A. City Fire can be hit and miss with a HH radio. As others have said most of OC's LE has encryption but you can get OC Fire. Disneyland went to Nextel's a few years back so no more scanning the resort. They still have the 900 system up but it is a back up system and not used much, every now and then someone will use the wrong radio. The parks have been packed so far this summer if you are hitting them.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
The OC database is weak when is come to the non-governmental stuff such as business including hotels.

If you manage to confirm new listings, kindly submit to the Db.

Thanks!

utlchris

Just arrived today. Thanks for everyone's assistance! I just set up the radio and started to monitor a bit. Thus far I have confirmed the 3 frequencies in the DB for the Hyatt Security - 462.0500, Operations - 461.7750, and Engineering - 464.8625 are still active and good numbers. I was excited to see Disney in the DB and then bummed to hear they were on Nextel's. Thanks for letting me know as I would have thought something was wrong with my radio. Again thanks for everyone's info I appreciate it very much and will post if I come up with anything new.

Status
Not open for further replies.