another (big) clue that raytheon won la-rics

Status
Not open for further replies.

icis_monitor

I came across this online but the article itself doesnt make a lot of sense. from the article "The county had an independent review process in which it determined Motorola was not the highest bidder" if motorola wansnt the highest bidder then what kind of scoring process did they use?

INPUT Blog: Raytheon to win LA-RICS contract?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I came across this online but the article itself doesnt make a lot of sense. from the article "The county had an independent review process in which it determined Motorola was not the highest bidder" if motorola wansnt the highest bidder then what kind of scoring process did they use?

INPUT Blog: Raytheon to win LA-RICS contract?

Probably a similar process to the scoring process we use: Best Value to the (entity).

The evaluation team has to carefully read what the vendor has proposed to deliver for the price, and score that against the RFP. Often Vendor A will respond with a proposal that barely meets the language in the Request, while Vendor B will propose a package that fully meets what the evaluation team was looking for in the request, at a price that is within a competitive range of Vendor A's (lower) price.

The evaluation criteria we will use is typically listed in the RFP, so the vendors tendering proposals know what they will be graded on. I have not read the LA-RICS JPA, so I can't say if they included the criteria in theirs.

Don

Last edited:

2wayfreq

With so much money at stake, it sounds like it going to be more of a drawn out court battle. I don't think Motorola will just roll over and let them have it if there were indeed some improper tactics used.

Status
Not open for further replies.