pro 106 & trunking multiple control channels for LACWIRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totalmodallogic

Premium Subscriber
I'm not quite sure where to post this thread, but I have a question. I own a RS pro 106 and I was wondering if I can program ALL the system channels into one channel list and not have to add the talk groups again and again for each set of control channels (as to save on memory).

Or would I just have to individually create new TSYS's with a duplicate list of the LACWIRS talkgroups in order for it to actually work?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I'm not quite sure where to post this thread, but I have a question. I own a RS pro 106 and I was wondering if I can program ALL the system channels into one channel list and not have to add the talk groups again and again for each set of control channels (as to save on memory).

Or would I just have to individually create new TSYS's with a duplicate list of the LACWIRS talkgroups in order for it to actually work?
EDACS systems require a TSYS for each site and each TSYS will require its own set of TGRP Objects. All can use same Scanlist settings, e.g., all LAW can be in Law list etc.

If TSYS are labeled as in DB you will see the operation scan quickly through each during no coms.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Yeah you'll need a seperate TSYS for each site with TGs essentially being duplicated across each one.
Takes up a bunch of memory, but that is how it works.

However the broader questions is why do you want to have every site loaded? From my location I only can pick up two sites, and a 3rd one when I go outside and gain a little elevation. Its a little needless imo unless you will be travelling around the county and will be in the shadow of each of the respective site locations to have them all programmed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.