LA Regional Tac Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

westli

This morning at 0900 local I copied a rollcall for the LA Regional Tactical Radio system on 159.18. That frequency is listed in the database as Ventura Co Fire channel 17 mobile repeater. I guess it could have been a rebroadcast of another frequency. I don't know much about the comms structure out there. Calls went out to various PDs, government agencies, sheriffs, school PDs, Forestry, ... just about everything. I got most of them on a list including the channels they reported themselves to be responding on. I missed some while trying to set up recording, with marginal success.

Control was SCC.

They said the next rollcall would be Sept 27th, 2011 at 0900. It took a little over 30 minutes to complete the rollcall.

westli

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
A few years old, but still accurate - other than that they tend too change the roll-call times now and then:
Thread about LARTCS

There's a PowerPoint link on that post, which seems to work, but I had to try it several times. Some of its frequency information is outdated, but the concept is still valid. LARTCS is pretty much the precursor of, and might be considered "LA-RICS really lite"

Last edited:

karldotcom

I remember the US Coast Guard boat Narwhal checking into one of those roll calls once.....saying their location was "the Pacific Ocean"

Status
Not open for further replies.