Beverly Hills ICIS, how dead is it for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uplink

Any regular listeners out there? What's the latest? Are they encrypted? I have it programmed on my 996XT, along with the other ICIS stuff, decided to turn on that system and give it a try a several times recently on my commute, and during the span of an hour, only heard someone asking for a phone number. Is it really that dead for you guys?

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Keep in mind Police and Fire ops are on their regular UHF channels, so the primary users of ICIS ends up being the public works folks which are primarily Mon-Fri activity.

But its definitely being used. If you program in a wild-card you can also at times pick up other activity such as Culver City, and even SGV users that end up on the BH site.

Uplink

OK, that explains it I had dumped the regular channels out of the scanner awhile ago when I saw the PD talkgroups listed in the ICIS RR database. Thanks!

Last edited:

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Those PD talk-groups are good, however only used for special/large events like SWAT deployments, Presidential visit, or sometimes by detectives especially when they are outside of the city.

The normal day to day PD and Fire stuff is handled on the conventional channels.

Last edited:

Clark

Those PD talk-groups are good, however only used for special/large events like SWAT deployments, Presidential visit, or sometimes by detectives especially when they are outside of the city.

The normal day to day PD and Fire stuff is handled on the conventional channels.

Also, I don't think it's a very strong signal as I sometimes have problems even receiving the control channel from the Mar Vista/Venice area. Last Sunday I did hear some type of operation on
TG 35968 but it was on the Culve City or Oat Mtn. site.

Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.