Ridgecrest PD shifts freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
OpenSky ?

Is this their new system? It may be OpenSky, if you can't receive it. License has a 9W emission (See Bottom)

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WQLR660 - RIDGECREST, CITY OF - Frequencies Summary

OpenSky systems do not use a control channel. Open Sky cannot be monitored by any scanner, past or future.

Use of F9W Suffix
Some license application preparers have used the suffix F9W to indicate that multiple different emissions within the specified bandwidth are possible. This simplifies filling information into the FCC 601 form, but does not reflect each specific modulation type. For example, 11K2F9W may indicate that the system toggles between narrowband analog voice and P25 (or some other) digital emission, but not at the same time. A strict interpretation of ITU emissions indicates that the F9W suffix is both analog and digital simultaneously, and is therefore incorrect. A properly completed 601 form should itemize each discrete emission intended so the technologies used may be easily identified.

The exception to using F9W is Harris OpenSky, which has been certificated by the FCC as F9W, although F7W may be better descriptive.

(http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Emission_Designator)

Last edited:

Token

Thanks for the data, I will watch the other frequencies listed. So far all I have heard is standard FM voice, no digital. But the use of P25 or something like that would not surprise me, RPD has had a DES mode that they have used for years on VHF, but only for some transmissions.

T!

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Is this their new system? It may be OpenSky, if you can't receive it. License has a 9W emission

I doubt it. Note the license was issued in 2010. Use of F9W for multi-mode systems has been common for California public safety agencies for years (partially because many frequency coordinators used to charge by the license line, so listing 4 emmission modes per frequency caused the cost of coordination to increase significantly on a multiple site / frequency license), with the shift away from F9W being only within the last year or so.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Please post an update to the Submission system when you have sufficient information; we can then update the database.

Thanks!!!!

Duster

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
The non VHF freqeunces with they hold licenses for are:

Once confirmed with PL info etc, please submit to the Db.

Eng74

Maybe we will be able to get Kern 4 out on the desert if the VHF. I am getting some key ups right now on 453.800. It would make since for RPD to go over to UHF since KCSO is there already. Update 453.800 with a PL 210.7 seems like the channel been slow tonight.

Last edited:

f40ph

Feed Provider
I sincerely doubt OpenSky for RPD. Most small cities try to be interop compatible with the County Sheriff (like LA County Cities and LASD).

Eng74

I sincerely doubt OpenSky for RPD. Most small cities try to be interop compatible with the County Sheriff (like LA County Cities and LASD).

The City can't even pay to maintain the streets so ther is not even a chance for a trunked system.

Token

The UHF radios RPD is using, the entire system, was donated by Kern County.

RPD shifted freqs Monday (Oct 17) morning at shift change (I heard the Sgt telling two on-coming patrol units to shift to the "new radios" on start of shift) and has been UHF every since but the VHF repeater is still up and IDing. 453.8 MHz is the primary.

T!

Status
Not open for further replies.