Orange County - JWA Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrud03

Looking to see if anyone has ever had success with picking up the police at John Wayne Airport. My understanding is JWA Police(OCSD) is only Digital P25. I checked the database and I didn't see anything in reference to JWA law enforcement. I've got the Red Channel working but no success with JWA.

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
I hear them dispatched on JWA Silver-1 mixed in with other airport operations. Listen for the 18-xxx units and dispatch

monitor142

They use JWA Silver-1 on the South Cell for their normal ops on digital clear. They have Yellow-7 and Y-Tac A1 as encrypted talkgroups to use for sensitive info or operations.

-M142

Mick

I am with MikeB. The Sheriff's deputies and SSO's use TG 41120, P25 clear, on the South system, for dispatch at John Wayne Airport.

jrud03

I am with MikeB. The Sheriff's deputies and SSO's use TG 41120, P25 clear, on the South system, for dispatch at John Wayne Airport.

I can't seem to pick up the South Cell from my location. A matter of fact I can't pick up any cell except the Countywide Cell. Well I guess I'll have to wait until I travel further to the south to test.

Can someone confirm how far North the South Cell can be received?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
The official boundary is the 22 freeway, but it is receivable through a lot of northern OC, except for probably Anaheim Hills, Brea and that area due to terrain. However, if you had a decent outdoor antenna mounted up high, you could probably hear it into a little bit of LA county. I am near Knott's and can hear it pretty well on my handheld scanner with the rubber duck antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.