Riverside Co/ CalFire CDF/ West side / New commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyhetzel

Hi all,
I just heard Perris dispatch send a engine to a call and use "Command 8" instead of Support 8. I remember a poster saying this would happen... looks like it already has. Are these Commands the CDF commands ? or are these the RVC commands ?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
RVC commands. Different from CDF.
The rest of the Supports will be converted over in 2013.
This should be seamless for the scanner listener. The benefit is that you will now be able to hear the units in the field regardless of their proximity to you.

Last edited:

scottyhetzel

This should be seamless for the scanner listener. The benefit is that you will now be able to hear the units in the field regardless of their proximity to you.

Thanks Mark,

Looks like it is already happening... RRU-1 & RRU-3 were patched this morning so I could not hear the field radios... but thanks for the clarification. I will enter them on my scanner and start monitoring them, How come they are dropping the Support channels ?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
AFAIK, it came about due to the availability of additional frequencies from the narrowbanding mandate.

The reason you couldn't hear field units on RRU-1 and 3 is because they are not simulcast. They are repeated, but the user selects which mountaintop he/she wants to talk through by selecting the PL tone for that site, just like CDF command channels. If you happened to be in range of the particular site they were talking thru, you'd hear them.
The RVC commands function the same way.

SCPD

QRT

This is unclear to me. What do you mean by the Supports being "converted?" Is this a change in name using the same frequencies? Also how will the listener be able to hear the field units no matter the location? Is there going to be a simulcast feature on the commands?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Sorry. Should have been clearer. The existing Support Nets are simplex remote bases. The freq's that are being acquired will serve as inputs to make the Supports repeated.
What I should have said is that your chances of hearing the mobile and portable radios will be increased if you are in the coverage area of the repeater they are using in the same fashion as the CDF Commands and RRU dispatch Channels.
Currently, you'd have to be within line of sight of the transmitting radio.

scottyhetzel

Sorry. Should have been clearer. The existing Support Nets are simplex remote bases. The freq's that are being acquired will serve as inputs to make the Supports repeated.
What I should have said is that your chances of hearing the mobile and portable radios will be increased if you are in the coverage area of the repeater they are using in the same fashion as the CDF Commands and RRU dispatch Channels.
Currently, you'd have to be within line of sight of the transmitting radio.[/

Hi Mark,
Do you know where support 12 repeater is ? Will this now be come a command soon? I hear west side using it already...
I lIke the idea of be a repeater. I can usually hear the units on support 12....however I hardly hear units on
support 10.
I can't seem to find the new commands freq. other than RVC cmd. 1&2. Are they the CDF commands freq.s ?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure where Support 10 & 12 are located. I don't venture out to the desert unless I have to.
The only Command channels currently in use are 1,2 & 8.
The rest will follow and, as mentioned before, will be seamless to the scanner listener. If your text tag says "Support", just change it to "Command". No frequency changes needed.

Last edited:

scottyhetzel

I am not sure where Support 10 & 12 are located. I don't venture out to the desert unless I have to.
The only Command channels currently in use are 1,2 & 8.
The rest will follow and, as mentioned before, will be seamless to the scanner listener. If your text tag says "Support", just change it to "Command". No frequency changes needed.

Hi, Mark...what is rvc command 8 freq. ? Please...

Kingscup

Feed Provider
That is support 8 ... I thought it is different.

As Mark stated, the support freqs are simplex meaning you have to be close to a unit in order to hear that unit. The support channels are being converted to command channels that are on a repeater. If you are within range of the repeater, you will be able hear both the units and Perris. This is just like the dispatch channels. The new command channels will have the same freq. as the support channel. Support 8 is the same as RVC Command 8. The only thing that has changed for the scanner listener is the name change and being able to hear units from farther away.

The will be a RVC Command 3 next year with an unknown use. RVC Command 4 will be a Blythe command frequency. RVC Command 5-10, 12 will be the old corresponding support freqs.

SCPD

QRT
Currently, you'd have to be within line of sight of the transmitting radio.

Thanks very much, it is now clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.