Disneyland radio system- post Nextel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkf435

Brings back old memories , when I was down there and this was in the pre BC235 days used Trunker, data slicer, AR3000 and R7100 to trunk track that system before the 900 capable trunking scanners came out . Looks like it is back to the same setup with newer computer and software.

Should of heard everything the night Liz Taylor had her birthday party there.

David Kb7uns

stewartp5

Hello group,

I thought that I might shed some light on this subject. I remember reading that when Walt Disney World switched to nextel they sold all of their frequencies, and actually in the early 2000's all of the 800mhz was taken over by nextel, so I believe that the only 800mhz systems that are still around are select public safety agencies. When Disneyland switched to nextel in 2008 they kept their 900 mhz system running as a back up. some of the talkgroups are still active, I think that they might be retuning to using their 900 mhz system for day to day operations. Finally I have researched mototrbo, and I did not see any specs for a 900 mhz two-way radio, however I could be wrong on this.

Peter

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Jurassic69 said:
How do we know it's going to be MOTOTRBO? Can a 396t/330t scan trbo?

Nope.

scottbailey

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't get too excited - Disney is one of the more paranoid companies as far as communications privacy. Chances of them not using at least the [free] privacy/encryption available on MotoTRBO? Damn near zero.

Jurassic69

I wouldn't get too excited - Disney is one of the more paranoid companies as far as communications privacy. Chances of them not using at least the [free] privacy/encryption available on MotoTRBO? Damn near zero.

Ah, I was not aware that encryption on MOTOTRBO was a FREE feature. Why does any agency then opt NOT to use this free feature?

trumpetman

Database Admin
Ah, I was not aware that encryption on MOTOTRBO was a FREE feature. Why does any agency then opt NOT to use this free feature?

One more thing to take time to program, one more thing that can go wrong or foul up and prevent communications, or simply there's no need for it.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Enhanched privacy degrades the voice quality. I know Motorola says it is slight, but I have noticed a pretty noticable difference.

It also seems to take a little longer to access the repeater if any privacy is used, but this is slightly noticable.

Sac916

One more thing to take time to program, one more thing that can go wrong or foul up and prevent communications, or simply there's no need for it.

Keep in mind we're talking about a smaller coverage area compared to city/county services -- They have A LOT of money to install building repeaters and ensure the safety of all their employees. Disney is very safety and security conscious. Installing and programming a radio system is a piece of cake compared to the other technology they install and utilize on their property.

I have zero doubt they'll have encrypted channels - at least for sensitive operations such as public safety, dignitary handlers, ride maintenance and cast member activity.

PS
I know a supervisor at Disney and I've seen their current handheld communications up close and in use. I wasn't impressed with the audio quality.

stewartp5

hello Group,

I did a little research and aparently the motorola mototrbo xpr6380/6580 is a dual band radio that is capable of 800 and 900mhz. mototrbo is a combination of analog and digital technology so as long as they(Disneyland resort) stays on analog than you should beable to scan it with any scanner that is capable of 800, and 900 mhz or a radio like the motorola mtx9000,mtx950, mtx9250, or 900mhz compatible mts2000.

hope this helps,

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.