San Bernadino P25 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Hi there, does anyone know a timeline on when the all the San Bernardino services will be switched over to P25?

Based on my oberservations in database, it's going to be 110% encrypted?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

f40ph

Feed Provider
The entire county won't be finished for about 2 more years. This is my own guess based on this:

Board supports upgraded public safety radio system | County of San Bernardino – CountyWire

As you can see they won't get the last $20M until 2019. The central areas like the San Bernardino Valley, the Victor Valley and Yucca Valley are mostly ready to go. Many many users have yet to be reprogrammed. That alone will take months.

As for 110% encryption? Simple answer "no".

Long answer: Law enforcement will be full "E" and has been the lead with radio updates, so it gives the appearance of "mostly" encrypted talkgroups in the RR database. EMS/Hospital channels will be encrypted per direction from the EMS authority in the county. Fire/Rescue talkgroups are still evolving but from what I've seen will be a mix with dispatch/response channels in the clear while the agency specific admin channels will be encrypted. Their radios are just now getting programmed and you don't see any talkgroup data yet because not all of them are turned on yet. I can't imagine the non-emergency services like Co roads and animal control spending the money unless they need to talk to the Sheriff. Maybe someone up high will decide they need that ability and will get the encryption installed anyway. If that happens, it's just a matter of preference if they go E or not on their own TGs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.