OC CCCS rebanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Is it finally happening? I noticed that someone submitted the rebanded frequencies for the North Cell in the P25 system. I haven't been able to hear a CC or anything in the last few days, though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Markb

Premium Subscriber
...and of course I am now receiving traffic.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

allend

Premium Subscriber
Yes and the control channel so far for the North Cell is 853.6500

Wondering if any of the cell sites will be in 700mhz public safety band

RWPowell2

Premium Subscriber
Was listening to the re-banded North Cell today and about 4:30P it was shut down. I guess when the techs go home they turn it off. Of the seven sites that comprise the North Cell, only three of the licenses have been granted two are pending and the other two are probably still in the APCO coordination process. According to the Motorola timeline there is 25-days until they plan to start the project, however the first two weeks are mostly meetings and setup. Checking the FCC license data base I did noticed that both the Northwest and Southwest Cells being expanded to 10-channels. That should make the west county police departments happy.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Was listening to the re-banded North Cell today and about 4:30P it was shut down. I guess when the techs go home they turn it off. Of the seven sites that comprise the North Cell, only three of the licenses have been granted two are pending and the other two are probably still in the APCO coordination process. According to the Motorola timeline there is 25-days until they plan to start the project, however the first two weeks are mostly meetings and setup. Checking the FCC license data base I did noticed that both the Northwest and Southwest Cells being expanded to 10-channels. That should make the west county police departments happy.

I did notice today too that tonight the system went dark. As to the SW and the NW cell sites they were over built 15 years ago and it looks like adding more frequencies they will over build it again for growth expansion over the period of this life span of the new system. Thanks for the updates on the FCC database stuff

RWPowell2

Premium Subscriber
Testing Resumes

If you have been monitoring the new Orange County P25 phase II system during the past three weeks you've hear nothing. Of course, the county was involved fighting several wind driven brush fires, the biggest and most destructive being the Canyon 2 Fire. Even though I was using 5 scanners to monitor all the fire traffic, I left one to monitor TDMA and of course it was silent for the whole three weeks. During some periods even the control channel was turned off. It would have been nice if they left at lest one TG patched to new system. But when you are handling the enormous amount of traffic that the fires created, you don't have time to play with the new stuff. Today the Santa Ana winds have subsided, although it is still very hot, and intermittent test traffic has resumed on the new system.

KK6UME

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

Looks like rebanding of the current OC CCCS system has began and will continue this year. This will be done before the cutover to new P25 Phase I system.

The Laguna Cell has completed rebanding and starting today (5/21) I heard Control One announce that South Cell rebanding has started with a two week timeline; so affected agencies will be using back ups for dispatch and tacticals.

Next up will be the Southwest Cell in early June.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

Looks like rebanding of the current OC CCCS system has began and will continue this year. This will be done before the cutover to new P25 Phase I system.

The Laguna Cell has completed rebanding and starting today (5/21) I heard Control One announce that South Cell rebanding has started with a two week timeline; so affected agencies will be using back ups for dispatch and tacticals.

Next up will be the Southwest Cell in early June.

Looks like the South Cell has been completed. Use the Uniden 800 mhz Rebanding Table to get your radio to work.

bigmattyl

Premium Subscriber
I put in the new control freq and choose the splinter option on my bcd996, it locks to
The control but the channels
Just pop up real quick over and over but no audio. Any advice?

allend

Premium Subscriber
Ok I’ll give that a a shot thanks....

Do not use Splinter. Use the Custom tab

Uniden 800mhz Rebanding Table
Band Plan Base Freq (lower) Base Freq (upper) Offset Polarity Spacing
1 851.0250 854.0000 440 + 25 khz
2 851.0125 868.9875 0 + 25 khz

bigmattyl

Premium Subscriber
Do not use Splinter. Use the Custom tab

Uniden 800mhz Rebanding Table
Band Plan Base Freq (lower) Base Freq (upper) Offset Polarity Spacing
1 851.0250 854.0000 440 + 25 khz
2 851.0125 868.9875 0 + 25 khz

This worked! Thank you very mich

allend

Premium Subscriber
Per Orange County "The SouthWest Cell" rebanding has been completed. All stations can resume back to their primary talkgroups

Ran UniTrunker and these are the Frequencies

852.35000 - A
853.20000 - A
853.35000 - CC
853.82500 - A

Last edited:

allend

Premium Subscriber
Here are the Frequencies so far. Probably a few more to appear in the next couple of days.

853.6500 - CC

monitor142

Countywide Cell has already been rebanded. The controllers just needed to be updated and a few new channels will if haven't been added, one removed. The work was minimal because they operate in the general category spectrum (856-860MHz); High Site, High Power. The other cells and IR sites are moving down the standard 15MHz per the rebanding plan (866-869 to 851-854MHz).

Status
Not open for further replies.