Digital stringer frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I ran across a couple of stringers from OnScene.TV earlier today near Downtown LA. I couldn't get a look at the radio, but they were communicating on some form of digital. Had a more TRBO tone to it than P25. Anyone know what frequency/frequencies they're using?

It was definitely digital and not the EPN Analog frequencies.

MEDIC135

Premium Subscriber
I ran across a couple of stringers from OnScene.TV earlier today near Downtown LA. I couldn't get a look at the radio, but they were communicating on some form of digital. Had a more TRBO tone to it than P25. Anyone know what frequency/frequencies they're using?

It was definitely digital and not the EPN Analog frequencies.

I personally used to work for them and unfortunately you will not be able to listen to any of the OnScene guys. They are all encrypted with the Kenwood version of P25. As far as listening to them it would actually be more beneficial to just listen to all Fire/EMS/PD channels.

kma371

QRT
That's escalated quickly. Folks let's keep it on topic and keep your personal feelings to yourself if you don't have anything good to say.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I personally used to work for them and unfortunately you will not be able to listen to any of the OnScene guys. They are all encrypted with the Kenwood version of P25. As far as listening to them it would actually be more beneficial to just listen to all Fire/EMS/PD channels.

NXDN encrypted. So noted. Also it's not a matter of benefit as much as entertainment.

That's escalated quickly. Folks let's keep it on topic and keep your personal feelings to yourself if you don't have anything good to say.

Thank you for stepping in.

K2NEC

Yes if you watch Patty Mayo you will notice that they use Kenwood NEXEDGE NX-300G's on an encrypted NXDN (Kenwood's version of P25). The TPT sounds very much like the Motorola Trunking TPT.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Yes if you watch Patty Mayo you will notice that they use Kenwood NEXEDGE NX-300G's on an encrypted NXDN (Kenwood's version of P25). The TPT sounds very much like the Motorola Trunking TPT.

Yup, asked him yesterday. Got good information from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.