Emergency Photographers Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkyTheWonderPom

Banned
Can anyone confirm the following?

I haven't heard any communications by this group on their frequencies in about a year. I was later told that EPN (Emergency Photographers Network) had disbanded. Does anyone know if that is true or not? Their frequencies are still listed in the RR database.

952Media

They are still around, with fewer members. They also recently switched to a digital radio system.

SparkyTheWonderPom

Banned
They are still around, with fewer members. They also recently switched to a digital radio system.

OK, digital. I contacted them the other day but whoever I was “talking” to wouldn’t elaborate on the system details, just that it was “new”. When I asked if they went encrypted, the response was, “I can’t comment on that”. Digital is fine, but the RRDB, here, still has the old frequencies. Haven’t heard anything on those in about a year.

Their “leader” is supposed to get back to me, but so far he hasn’t.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
OK, digital. I contacted them the other day but whoever I was “talking” to wouldn’t elaborate on the system details, just that it was “new”. When I asked if they went encrypted, the response was, “I can’t comment on that”. Digital is fine, but the RRDB, here, still has the old frequencies. Haven’t heard anything on those in about a year.

Their “leader” is supposed to get back to me, but so far he hasn’t.

Have you checked the FCC database for licenses? They may not want to share their system details, but they can't hide their frequencies. That is PUBLIC knowledge.

The "New" EPN group is about five members.. Works off a rented LTR system from Comm Enterprises last I heard... Nothing encrypted or digital about it..

I just found them under LA County
They are utilizing Comm Enterprises (Sierra Peak)
Very last listing under talkgroups
Not digital or encrypted

How do we know this is EPN?

Could be any news company or Stringers... Loud Labs... RMG... OnScene... ANG News.. Etc.

FLMedia

EPN no longer uses the frequencies listed on RR. They have taken a different path and some members have joined another group. It is digital and no there is no way of obtaining the information to listen in.
Sorry guys, just thought i'd help you guys from running in circles. If there is a new group with some freqs the public can listen to i'll keep you posted.

SparkyTheWonderPom

Banned
EPN no longer uses the frequencies listed on RR. They have taken a different path and some members have joined another group. It is digital and no there is no way of obtaining the information to listen in.
Sorry guys, just thought i'd help you guys from running in circles. If there is a new group with some freqs the public can listen to i'll keep you posted.

Heard about EPN.

Digital, we can do. Just need the frequencies and tones/digital codes. Nothing secret about that.

Unless they’re encrypted or scrambled. In which case we’re out of luck.

EMTJD

Sorry but it is Digital Trunked and encrypted. No way of listening.

Figured. You didn’t say encrypted at first, just digital. Again, digital isn’t the problem. Encrypted is. Even if I could get the encryption key, I’m not in any position to buy one of those radios just to listen to these guys. It was fun while I could, but it’s not that important, really. Just was curious. I’ve already removed the old frequencies from my radios as there’s nothing to listen to, anymore, anyway on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.