New TRX-1 User

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM6WSW

Hello all, I am fairly new to scanning and understanding trunking & encryption. I am located in La Verne and I understand that they recently switched in the last couple of years to full encryption along with Pomona, Glendora, Covina and Azusa. Is it now impossible to scan / monitor these agencies main dispatch channels due to this new system?

Aero125

Yes the PD's in those cities are encrypted on the ICI System. You can still hear the FD's, La Verne has their own department and the rest are served by LACoFD.

KM6WSW

Thanks for the reply guys I appreciate it. I love my TRX-1 to hear LA County Sheriffs and FD. By any chance do you guys ever hear the AREO units? Such as the LA County Sheriffs Green and Gold Bell Helicopter or the White and Yellow Fire Huey? I see them flying over quite frequently but I can't seem to get their frequencies.

Aero125

If you are in La Verne, you may see them heading to and from Brackett Airport, (listen to the tower there)

LASD Air Rescue 5 along with LACoFD copters are heard on county fire Blue 5, talking about rescues etc.

LASD patrol helicopters are all on Aero Bureau Dispatch 483.6875 to receive requests for calls and some chit-chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.