LA County Fire dept Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
Although I live on the east coast I love to listen to all scanners including California Incidents including the second largest fire dept in the USA. I use the phone apps to listen to LACoFd and LA City fire. Can someone tell me what is the active areas of LACo. Does the scanner apps like broadcastify monitor all the divisions? Whats Does Blue 12, Blue 6 and Blue 8 cover ? Are those 3 that the entire dept or just three subdivisions ? Any recommendations on which scanner i should be listening to , to hear the most incidents in LACo as well as the other busier cities , like San Fran, San Diego, Sacramento ect.

Kingscup

Feed Provider
When it comes to large metropolitan areas, all areas are pretty active. Blue 12 covers the Antelope Valley (Palmdale/Lancaster) and the Santa Clarita Valley (North county). Blue 6 (I think it has been changed to Blue 5) covers the San Gabriel Valley (East county). Blue 8 is the countywide dispatch only. No other traffic is allowed. Blue 1 and 3 used to be on Broadcastify but for whatever reason, they are no longer there. Both covered the LA basin (South county and West county). Again, all of them are fairly busy. It is the luck of the draw on if you hear anything interesting. With Blue 12, you have a higher likelihood of brush fires. Otherwise, they are all the same.

Since you are interested in listening to California feeds, consider Riverside County Fire. It is southwest os Los Angeles and probably off the radar of most people. There are about 100 fire stations and run about 175,000 calls a year. It is busier than many places in the state. It may or may not be to your liking.

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
LACoFd tac channels, when all units get on scene of a Incident, use the 151.000 channels, with no repeaters, you got to be real close to here the Radio traffic.

Unlike L.A City Fire's Tac channels are on repeaters

LACoFd tac channels, when all units get on scene of a Incident, use the 151.000 channels, with no repeaters, you got to be real close to here the Radio traffic.

Unlike L.A City Fire's Tac channels are on repeaters

Five of our VHF tacticals are repeated.. Fourteen of them are simplex/direct as well.

LAC V-1 thru V-5 are the repeated pairs. They're in the database appropriately and are used on major incidents such as marine incidents, brush fires, etc..

Enjoy!

tkenny53

One thing that is very cool to keep on the phone, look for the app, TMAC2017. This is LACoFD radio management system, freq's for Zones and tactical withing the socal area and along with other agency's. If they mention they are on the Foothill Plan, the listing of Freq's in their radios are listed in the app. The only difference is, a special call out for air freq's.

Status
Not open for further replies.