LA County Fire New Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulNDaOC

Today Aug 1st a squad was added at 115's in Norwalk. Another change is E59 is now a Paramedic Assessment Unit (PAU)

PaulNDaOC

115's should have enough room on the apparatus floor since it has a double door apparatus bay. It is cozy, but if you want to see cramped look no further than 34's in HG.

They won't need room for dorms since they will never get to sleep as you know the area well.

115's and was staffed with four and the fourth body operated Utility 21 during the day.

Since the county hates to spend money in this part of the county I can almost say with certainty that 115's is going to run at three on E115 now for a total of five per shift and moving Utility 21 to either 20's or 194 since they can use the fourth body for this duty. I'm pretty sure 35's is staffed with three.

Even though there are longer response times further east in La Mirada, and Whittier, I think the squad was placed here to take some of the load off Downey coming into the County so often.

At least 49's won't have to leave the east end as often as they were.

The area now has four squads deployed right next to each other, just like in the parts of town where you need to leave by sundown.

Last edited:

PaulNDaOC

A squad was not placed at 59's, they were are a PAU with only one paramedic. That is not to say one will not be placed there.

When response times are considered a squad was needed much more near 59's. The response times for the first-in squad does not meet the 8-min response time standard in part of their district to begin. If they have to respond the third-in and so on, and it occurs daily, response times insufferable.

It is even worse in La Mirada if S49's one of the busiest in the county is unavailable, it takes forever to get S28 or s20 into some parts of the city. 15 minute responses are not uncommon, and I have seen it take S30 from Lakewood Doctor's take over 20 minutes.

I think it went to 115's though to take the load off Downey that was constantly sending medics into the district at a rate much higher than auto aid received from the district (county).

There were no additional bodies for more squads in the recently passed county budget so I am going to take a shot in the dark and say the reason I am not hearing or seeing EST94 on Pulse Point is this unit was scaped and the bodies pillaged for badly needed squad coverage. One body sent to 115's leaving them with three on E115 down from four, and two for the squad.

Last edited:

tkenny53

Sqds in La Habra do cover 15/49/59's area a lot, as does E191, E194. 194 was placed in it spot do to its coverage of 49/15's

jrholm

Loooks like a good move. Puts them first in for the One Ways, which will keep them busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.