• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

persdata err=0502 on M7100ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

askdaniel1

Can someone point me to what error codes mean, specifically, persdata err=0502? I haven't found anything much online yet with regard to this or other codes, but I'm sure a list exists.

I got to this point from trying to use RadioMaint utility do try and read/write to a radio that was to new for my ProGrammer version.

I'm not really sure what point I screwed up, but this is all I'm getting now, though I can sucessfully write data to the radio in ProGrammer at this point.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Hmm you are halfway to a doorstop it sounds like. I hope you backed up your current flash/DSP as well as the tracking and feature data. Ive done my fair share of taking the x7100's to the brink and bringing them back, and it is not an easy journey. Might want to start by listing exactly what you have done and what flash is in the radio currently etc. Version of Programmer/Radio Maint?

askdaniel1

yeah I was thinking as much. I was working to follow some poorly written directions about programming with an older version of programmer (v17) than the radio was last programmed with.

The radio itself is Flash: J2R13A02 SR:61CBFB0E0000 DSP: F4R06H01 type: 50 Watt

I used the wrote the radio flash to a file, and then used the recovery option. I did not have other data backed up but didn't realize I would need anything else due to carelessness. I'm still learning about the programming on these radios, as I have recently ended up with several of them to play with and re-use after reprogramming/cleaning.

During the recovery, I wrote back the file I had just saved, thinking this woudl somehow make my current programmer 17 work with the radio. Next it asked for tracking data, which I used the default for the m7100 vhf as the directions indicated. It then asked for a DSP file. I didn't have this. (bear in mind this radio hadn't been read by programmer before so no saved backup--my version was to old to read this radio) When I hit this road block I aborted. I found the radio was then interoperable, and read off and saved the DSP data from two other radios--one 50 watt model with another DSP version code (not the same code, but the same radio) and one from a 100 watt model with the same DSP version code. I redid the process of recovery, wrote back the file I had originally saved, then the default tracking data, and then pointd to the identical DSP version code that I'd pulled off the other radios saved file. Radio not supported/compatable or some other message. Started again and this time wrote the DSP file that was not the same, but was from another 50 watt radio. It took.

At this point I was sitting with a completed recovery process (Did not take the option to erase eprom) with the orignally saved flash file, the DSP file from another similar 50w radio with a differnt code, and the default tracking data. The serial number and flash code are still showing up correct to the radio. The ProGrammer can write data to it, and from the PC side everything looks good.

The radio itself only shows the perserr=0502

I have a new version of ProGrammer coming (the last/latest release) already for working on these radios anyway also as well, though I'm figuring that it will do no more good. Sadly, this radio was one of a set that I have also ordered additional feature options for.. This makes me particularly sick and particularly interested in finding a solution, but my knowledge of fixing my mess has hit some snags. I guess this is how you learn, thank goodness for forums and the internet..

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
OK, well all is not lost here. You are still able to flash the radio and talk to it. First problem is you are using J2R13A02 flash, which is too late for Programmer. The latest flash you can use with Programmer is J2R11Bxx. You will need to secure that before you go any further.

Since you dumped in a default tracking data file, you will most likely have to align the reference oscillator at the least. The rest will probably be 'close enuf' but no guarantees. As for the DSP files, they really depend on the version of the radio. Are they Direct FM? If yes then they need to be Fx series. If not then they need to be Gx series. The 'x' is the type of digital voice. Unencrypted, DES or P25 trunking/P25 trunking DES/AES.

I would stop doing anything with the other radios until you get ahold of the proper flashes for them. If you get a failed flash or erase the EEPROM without it you will most definitely brick them.

Once you have J2R11B01, recover the radio with that and the newest DSP file you can find. The Rxx number in the flash is the release, the higher the better (usually).

Go ahead and PM me here, or better yet, email me, I'd be happy to help you with this.

askdaniel1

E-mail sent with more details. What I've got ordered right now is actually just a new feature code string to add P25, not new flashes. (at least that is what I assume is coming--I've done this with one unit so far and it added the feature without an issue) . I do have several of them so maybe I can read and recover from another radio..?

I included more info in an e-mail.

Have you tried just writing a personality into the radio? The 502 code says that the radio doesn't like the personality it has. I'd try that before getting into all of the code changes, etc.

salonorg

HI I DID THE SAME THING TO MY 700P JUST NOW I DID FIND OUT THO YOU CAN USE A OLDER VERSION OF PROGRAMMER TO READ / WRITE A RADIO FIRST YOU READ THE FLASH / AND ALL THEN GO TO PROGRAMMER MAKE A NEW PERS FILE THEN WRITE IT TO THE RADIO
I MADE A QUICK SYSTEM THEN YOU CAN READ/ WRITE TO THE RADIO AND THE PERS VERSION CHANGES . ALSO I HAVE 700P MY ELECTRONIC SERIAL NUMBER IS 9232EA080000 CAN ANY ONE GENERATE A OEM DATA STRING FOR ME ? is it bricked or what ?

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Sorry to dig up a necrotic thread but I'm now in a similar position.

The radio is an M7300 in a CS7000 console.

I couldn't read the radio, codeplug too new for this application.

So I went to see if I could load an older codeplug into it. That failed, caused errors.

I could not read out the various code revisions in the radio. Everything came back as none or n/a.

However, I was able to store the feature data and tracking data.

I have some ECP firmware and boot and burn apps.

But it's been SO long since I've used them that in this case I'm not even sure which ones
I need to use and in which order.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I was able to get this radio sorted out. I reloaded all the code in the right order and was patient.

Burnapp
Bootapp
MCU
ECP/XGP code
Encryption modules if needed

Gotta do it in the right order "Burn your boots" is how I remember it.

The last part, the ECP/XGP code, takes a long time to load and may spend a very long time
finalizing around the 99 percent complete stage. Don't rush it. Go for a walk, watch a TV show,
give it time. I played a game for almost an hour while letting the ECP code do its thing, and that
was long enough. I came back to a running radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.